Laptops forum

General discussion

Intermittent audio buzz after installing Windows 7

by janeilson / December 13, 2009 3:12 AM PST

Toshiba A105-S4211

After installing Windows 7 on my laptop (clean install), everything's good EXCEPT when playing music. There is an intermittent loud buzz which lasts for a second or so - this happens only once every 5 minutes or so, but is very annoying. I tried updating the drivers to Realtek, which came with the computer originally, but it did not help.

Can someone help?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Intermittent audio buzz after installing Windows 7
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Intermittent audio buzz after installing Windows 7
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by jeff_windows_team / December 14, 2009 7:30 AM PST

What program are you playing music in? Do the songs have the same buzz when you play them in a different media player?

Collapse -
Audio buzz
by janeilson / December 14, 2009 10:34 AM PST
In reply to: Program

Hello - I'm using itunes and windows media player - I get the noise in both players. It's like a digital buzz that's really loud - at least as loud as the music.

Collapse -
The lesson continues.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 14, 2009 11:07 PM PST
Collapse -
Check your
by deniceels / December 15, 2009 6:08 PM PST

volume control to see if the "CD Player" is set to maximum. At times mine does produce loud buzz, thus, i minimised it as it is not used at all for cd playback (since I've relegated my cds to the shelves after converting them to mp3).

Collapse -
audio buzz
by Kelvo1 / April 15, 2011 8:11 PM PDT

I have same problem from new (Toshiba L650 with Windows 7 64 bit ) - intermittently annoying and frustrating. If i can't find a solution soon i'm going to take my computer back and get a refund) I am sure it is a windows 7 come toshiba come compatibility issue - i suspect Toshiba know about it but are saying nothing.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.