Samsung forum

General discussion

Intelli-Studio crash on startup

by lepicane62 / September 4, 2009 4:15 AM PDT

Version of IntelliStudio that came wiht my HMX-H106SN started to crash on startup (won't start any more). I have tried to uninstall and install, no success. Version is 1.0.23.1. My questions are:
1. How to repair installation so that I have program running again?
2. Is it possible for Microsoft Movie maker to use encoder/decoder filters so I can edit from there instead of IntelliStudio?

BTW:
I have tried to contact Samsung online and here is what they suggested:
Exit the Intelli-studio application, and restart the Windows computer.

(How do I exit when app wont start?)

Regards
Predrag

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Intelli-Studio crash on startup
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Intelli-Studio crash on startup
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 5, 2009 3:07 PM PDT

lepicane62,

I'm looking to see if one of the product experts can give me any insight. I apologize for the delay.

--HDTech

Collapse -
I'm having the same problem
by Taegugki / September 9, 2009 5:03 PM PDT

Intellistudio won't even open for me

Collapse -
I'm having the same problem
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 11, 2009 5:57 PM PDT

Taegugki,

Which operating system are both of you using?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Inteli studio crash on start
by lepicane62 / September 21, 2009 6:48 AM PDT

I have XP, SP2. Again, intelli-studio did install and did work. For one day only though.

So, how about using Microsoft MovieMaker and Intelli filters? Any hints on this?

Predrag

Collapse -
Same problem
by gflassh / October 23, 2009 12:08 AM PDT

Intelli_studio crashes with a C++ runtime error. I downloaded the upgrade and it does the same thing. Dell D160 laptop with XP SP2

Collapse -
Forget Intelli Studio
by lepicane62 / October 23, 2009 3:18 AM PDT
In reply to: Same problem

Waist no more time with IntelliStudio - spend some time finding proper video converter. Goal is to convert your camera mp4 files into something Microsoft Movie Maker can load. Or some other video editing application. For example, I am trying to use "Total Video Converter", but it is crashing a lot. But I'm confident this is proper path and I'll find proper convertor. Anyhow, trying to work with IntelliStudio is waste of time. Their support is joke. They probably have automated answering app which fires back response. For example this is what I got:

Thank you for submitting your inquiry to Samsung.
Exit the Intelli-studio application, and restart the Windows computer.
? The built-in software on your camcorder, Intelli-studio is not Macintosh compliant.
? Set ?PC Software? to ?On? in the Settings menu. 
? According to your computer type, the Intelli-studio program may not automatically run. In this case, open the desired CD-ROM drive that has the Intelli-studio program
in My Computer and run iStudio.exe.

Collapse -
Intellistudio crashes when openning a .spl file
by grensv / November 1, 2009 3:59 AM PST

Hi,

Istudio works quite fine for me (a few crashes though), except that I can't open a project file since it crashes with a Visual C++ runtime error when I use the open project function (openning .spl files).

Thanks for your answers,
Grensv.

Istudio 1.1.19.1
AMD athlon
XP SP2

exact same problem on a laptop Dell D600 with XP

Collapse -
Intelli Studio project file problem discovered
by luigidv / February 20, 2010 5:43 AM PST

Hi,
I have discovered the problem of the project file .SPL that is the following: Intelli Studio does not follow the Windows country options so it always consider to use as decimal point the DOT while in Europe is used the comma. This way if you look to the projet opening it with Block Note you can see that all the time parameters, duration start stop and lenght, are signed with dot as decimal point and when it is loaded back to Intelli Studio Windows can't recognize the value.
Solution: of course the solution is up to Sansung, I wrote them,that must provide a new release but meantime you can either change the Windows international options putting DOT as decimal separator or edit the saved project changing all the decimal separator from DOT to COMMA.
I tried both and it works fine in both cases.
Best regards
Luigi

Collapse -
Can you explain how to change dot to comma, step by step?
by asherito / June 5, 2012 12:24 PM PDT

I'm having the same problem. Can you explain how to do your solution step-by-step?

Thanks!

Collapse -
intewlli studio download
by andrewssoaps / October 19, 2012 8:33 AM PDT

has someone got a download link for intelli studio please

thanks

Collapse -
by Samsung_guy / January 2, 2013 10:32 PM PST

I received a message on screen that
"Samsung Intelli-studio has stopped working
........."
That means "Intelli-Studio crash on startup"

Although I have recovered the computer and put back all the files afterward, I tried the software and still got the message. What is the solution?

For your information, I am using Window Vista.

Please advise me!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.