General discussion

Intel.... Rapid Storage Technology

by manjeet15jan / February 2, 2013 1:39 PM PST

I assembled PC with
Gigabyte Motherboard B-75-M D3H
Processor i3-3220
HDD 500 GB (64 MB Cach)
RAM 2GB
when i loaded it with Windows 7 the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology driver installed successfully but when i loaded my PC with windows 8 this driver is not installing and showing "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software" . Please help me to resolve this problem .......

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Intel.... Rapid Storage Technology
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Intel.... Rapid Storage Technology
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Old and new
by Willy / February 2, 2013 9:18 PM PST

You need apparently the Win8 version of drivers. Goto the Gigabyte support website and see if they have it. If not there or they don't provide a solution, then visit Intel support website. Verify what chipset you have on the mtrbd., then see if a Win8 versions is available. Under Win8, if *may* offer to go online and thus allow MS to supply whatever is needed. When that option becomes present, select it vs any disc or retrieved source.

The whole problem at times, older offering may lag until the makers or suppliers provide whatever is needed. Time goes by and later they do or don't. So, this is entirely out of your hands unless the above does work in finding Win8 versions.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
Fwiw
by bob b / February 2, 2013 11:35 PM PST

I don't have your machine.
I can not install rst on this machine either.
Seems it gets upset that I only have a single disk non raid setup.

I did notice that the storage driver that comes with the chip set drivers was newer than what rst was trying to feed me.

Bottom line.
I just ignored rst......my single hd works fine.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.