TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Installing A Soundbar...

by Singhinator / July 31, 2008 8:38 AM PDT

Is it possible for me to install my Sony HT-CT100 soundbar directly on the bottom of my Bravia TV (32XBR6)? If so, what hardware would I need to get it done myself?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Installing A Soundbar...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Installing A Soundbar...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
RE: Installing A Soundbar...
by perchack / July 31, 2008 11:55 AM PDT

you don't need any extra hardware. just place it there. The system includes a cable to connect speaker to the subwoofer/reciever. I have Bravia 40" and the speakers bar perfectly fits in front of it.

Collapse -
Can't Detect Surround Sound on my HT-CT100
by howardc1 / August 1, 2008 12:13 AM PDT

I bought this unit 5 days ago based on the great reviews on Cnet. No matter what adjustments I make, I really don't detect any surround sound from the back. In fact, the speakers that come with my 55" rear projection Bravia do a much better job. The setup is so simple that I can't imagine what's wrong. Yes, I'm using the optical cable to connect my TV audio output, and I set that sound to go to the external speakers. And yes, the subwoofer is more than one foot from the wall (it's about 6 feet from the wall). That itself is confusing since on a Sony forum they say the surround sound does NOT come from the bass bouncing off the wall. Anyway, the sound is very "deep," and of excellent quality, and I do occasionally sense a sound from the front sides, but that's about it. Please advise, thanks.

Collapse -
Two things. . .
by Coryphaeus / August 1, 2008 10:36 PM PDT

Surround sound, specifically rear sound, from front speakers is advertising hype.

If you have more questions you need to create a new thread.

Collapse -
by jonnybones / August 4, 2008 2:48 PM PDT

"No matter what adjustments I make, I really don't detect any surround sound from the back." Thats because there are no speakers in back, DUH!!

If you bought it within 30 days, by all means BRING IT BACK. Those things work in 1% of all rooms. For the other 99% of us who do not have perfectly square rooms, with nothing on the walls,no windows, and a single chair in the middle, they produce glorified stereo; thats it.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions


Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.