Networking & Wireless forum

General discussion

Inspiron e1505 Network card issue..

by DeadMetalHead / August 16, 2006 8:02 AM PDT

Alright, i have a Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop,with xp and all of the service updates, and i have been having issues with the wireless card or something. Heres the problem: i turn on the comp, no problems, then i turn on the wireless, connect to the internet, no problem, then after 5-15 min's for some reason the little Wi-Fi light goes out and the internet stops. I go to show all connections, and it says that its still connected, but its not, i try to disable, it wont let me, i try to repair, it does nothing, i try turning the wi-fi switch back on, and it does nothing. The only thing i can do to get it to turn back on is resetting the computer. This has been like this since i recieved the computer. I have connected to a hotels wireless, mcdonalds wireless, and my brothers wireless, and it still does all of what i have listed.But the wierd thing is that when i got a Bridge from the hotel it worked... Anyways, any thoughts on what the problem is? Because i think its a faulty network card, anything else i dont know, thanks for the help. P.S. It has nothing to do with my service or router, because as i have explained, i have been around my city trying differnt Wi-Fi hot spots, including mcdonalds, and i still have the issue, no one seems to understand that, not dell or anybody, anyways... On a second note, i dont have a defective battery, i checked.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Inspiron e1505 Network card issue..
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Inspiron e1505 Network card issue..
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Spamming the forums won't help you.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 16, 2006 8:10 AM PDT

I see 3, maybe more posts so this reply is to offer how to get the most from the forums.

Post twice and wait a day for a response.

More than 2 and which one will carry the conversation?

In closing, pop in another WIFI card to test.

Collapse -
No problem but you asked
by DeadMetalHead / August 16, 2006 9:05 AM PDT

you asked me to try posting in the network forums.

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 16, 2006 9:24 AM PDT

I noted that such was discussed in this forum. Another member fixed theirs with a driver from Dell.

Maybe yours is really dead. If so, it's Dell's issue but if I wanted a workaround till then I get a wifi card till its sorted.

Also there is the usual spwyare and more issues, but I'm unsure if that's it given the story of the hotel item. Maybe it's some change from the stock Windows. Again, the lack of info about firewalls and more are not evident.

In my view, it's another card and Dell to fix this.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.