Phones forum

General discussion

Inphonic rebate scam

by machinery-man / January 25, 2006 8:12 AM PST

I've raised hell with everybody in site. Today spent a little time researching inphonic and learned that the pres....a 37 year...dumped his stock shares in August....you need to research this outfit....they went down 5% today...their stock has reduced by 2/3 while the pres...got a $362,000 salary...they don't have cash to pay these rebates....I got an email today with a phone #. I called and it was their corp office and they are going to look into my rebate....I'll keep this site posted....this is interested as the securities and exchange know of the stock dump....

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Inphonic rebate scam
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Inphonic rebate scam
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Persue legal path
by vp1234 / January 26, 2006 2:24 AM PST
In reply to: Inphonic rebate scam

Please read this link from MSNBC about the wirefly rebate scam.

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2006/01/consumers_irked.html#posts

I bought blackberry 7100g from wirefly for cingular wireless service. I submitted rebte with all forms to them adn then received letter saying that 180 days still not yet passed.
Again talk to the rebate cetner guy and submitted the rebtate after getting next statement within 10 days with certified mail and we receive an email saying that the rebate was not submitted within this date.

Agai ntalked and said that they changed the status from rejected to processing and today I gave a follow up call and they said that we can not change the status.

I think there is a big scam going on from wirefly about rebates. I also use suggest to bring up this scam with major media outlet. I read on MSNBC under redtape about this rebate scam from wirefly. Here is the link.

Collapse -
Another Inphonic rebate victim
by Ken K / January 26, 2006 2:47 AM PST

I, too, have hit a firewall when it comes to getting my "customer appreciation" rebates from Inphonic. I submitted all of the documentation requested to receive my $150 rebate, and was denied because "my application was submitted too early." I resubmitted the claim and had it postmarked exactly as they required, and was again denied my rebate because "my application was submitted too late." No matter how many times I have emailed their customer service department, they reply with stalling tactics. "Looking into it." "Do you need proper forms?" No amount of pleas result in being able to speak to a human being.
These guys are con-artists.

Collapse -
VERY BAD SCAM ABOUT $125.00 Customer Loyalty Rebate
by xxxstrangerxxx / January 31, 2006 8:56 AM PST

I purchased my phone in April of 2005 and had to wait 180 days to mail rebate. In November 2005 I received notice that I will not receive my rebate and after I called on November 10 2005 I was told that they made a mistake and that my rebate will be mailed in 2 to 4 weeks. I still never received my rebate. After speaking to GANESH and supervisor LUCY I was finally told that they are "poor guys" in INDIA and no nothing about INPHONIC scams...and that they will note the computer but still can not promiss that I will receive my rebate.

Collapse -
Add another to the list
by dbgrabbe / February 17, 2006 12:49 AM PST

We've been waiting patiently for the past 30 days for these folks to show that they have received our rebate forms. We've played their 180-210 day game. In that 30 day time frame, we've sent 3 separate submissions to them and they claimed they received none of them. On Monday, sent another via certified mail that I'm sure they'll claim never to have received. Turning this over to the BBB and if we can't get a response from them, will turn to our lawyer. What a SCAM!

Collapse -
Another Inphonic rebate victim
by Ken K / January 26, 2006 2:55 AM PST

I, too, have hit a firewall when it comes to getting my "customer appreciation" rebates from Inphonic. I submitted all of the documentation requested to receive my $150 rebate, and was denied because "my application was submitted too early." I resubmitted the claim and had it postmarked exactly as they required, and was again denied my rebate because "my application was submitted too late." No matter how many times I have emailed their customer service department, they reply with stalling tactics. "Looking into it." "Do you need proper forms?" No amount of pleas result in being able to speak to a human being.
These guys are con-artists.

Collapse -
Respond to previous post
by machinery-man / January 28, 2006 10:18 PM PST

Well some new happenings. I got some emails and one of the numbers was to the Largo, Maryland number. I called and spoke to a lady(didn't keep name here at home). Anyway she said they would look into matter and get my records and get back to me in 2 weeks. I said I wondered if they destroyed the records and she said they had them on hand at Continental Promotions. Anyway, I received a check Thursday for $75.00 and says I must cash by April. Still missing the other 3. I called back to Largo and another lady kinda snickered about what's going on, not in a smart way but it let me know they have a tiger by the tail. She said they're trying to resolve issue. I guess with the pressure they feel they have to do something done. I would keep up the pressure on matters and I will post back when more information received.

Collapse -
Phone number called to get some resolution
by cmni18 / February 2, 2006 2:08 AM PST

Please provide the phone number you called to get some resolution, my numbers have fallen on deaf ears.
I've called 866-579-3062 and 866-800-4303.
Both numbers are a joke.

Hint: If you call 866-800-4303 you will finally get someone to answer the phone, do the following...
Select 1 for English
Select 2 for New York (Trust me, pick this one)
Enter in your zip code and last name.
I've always gotten someone to anser within a few seconds.

Center closes 6:00pm CST

Collapse -
I had luck doing this
by President & CEO / February 3, 2006 12:19 AM PST

I don't trust these people so I won't post the numbers directly but you CAN speak to the President of the company.

I was told that my checks were mailed on a specific date and was given check numbers. That was over two weeks ago and they still haven't arrived. I was told that I would have to wait thirty days and if they didn't arrive they would issue new checks. That process would take 4-6 weeks (more delay).

So, I took another route. See this post: http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-7817-0.html?forumID=74&threadID=29922&messageID=1714797

Collapse -
More lies from Wirefly
by Ken K / February 2, 2006 6:26 AM PST

I finally was able to shake a customer service phone number out of Wirefly/Inphonic. Called the number, was told one of my rebates arrived within the required time period, but that the second rebate claim was never received (yeah, sure). Was told my one rebate would be processed.

One week later, I received a notice in the mail stating that the rebate received was denied because it was NOT received during the 180-210 day period.

These people lie so much they can't even keep their facts straight.

Collapse -
I too have been ripped off!
by latinokid / March 9, 2006 9:19 AM PST

I NEVER would have spent $500.00 on two cellphones but I have had success with A1 Wireless. I was completely anal with all the hoops you had to jump through to get you rebate back. Then I get denials on all four rebates (2X $150, 2X $100). The reason they gave me was "the claim form you submitted was incomplete or/or illegible. "All fields are required. The UPC code you submitted is not valid for this promotion." I was told that I needed to resubmit my forms and also fax the emails they sent saying that my rebates were denied. Could anyone give me any help on how to get my freaking money back?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Tough luck. Better check them out next time b4 u order
by hh / March 9, 2006 9:22 AM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.