Phones forum

General discussion

Inphonic Is CROOKED

by bendmywookie / October 20, 2005 6:08 AM PDT

I just recieved a package in the mail today containing a cell phone from a company called Inphonic. I have been reading everyones greavances with this company (the go by many alliaces like We Deliver Cellular) about how they charge cards when they shouldnt, and how they dont refund money ect.

Well my complain is extra special.

Before recieving this package I had never heard of this company.

This package was sent to me, containing a cell phone, that I never purchased.

This package was sent to me, containing a cell phone that I never purchased, with a service plan that I never purchased.

This package was swent to me, containing a cell phone that I never pruchased, with a service plan that I never purchased, with a phone number attached to that service plan, and upon calling the number, I was directed to a voicemail box, which means the phone has been ACTIVATED!!!

The packaging for the phone contained countless warnings to not break any seals on the box and to not use the phone, as it would constitute acceptance of the service contract.

FUnny thing is the seal on the box is broken, the sim card has been punched out and installed in my cell phone, and the plastic bag containing the phone is open.

So now I have an activated, broken sealed, cell phone, with a service plan, that I NEVER PURCHASED. NEVER.

I never shopped on their website, never looked into them.

I have a phone I bought in july with sprint and a 75 dollar bill due to sprint in 5 days.

I also recieved a note with the phone that said "We expedited the shipping of your phone, but you still owe us 9.99 for the shipping of the phone. We tried to charge your card, but were unable to. We will continue to try and charge your card until payment is recieved"

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

So I have had this MAJOR disturbance in my life. I am a college student trying to pay her bills and make A's. I do NOT need this.

I have already cancelled my card and now I have to drive home and check the mail to make sure I get my new card before someone else does (my mother will be out of town for 2 weeks)

I had to run up my minutes on my phone with the credit card company.

I will be calling TMobil tonight when I have free minutes (i can already tell this is gonna take a lot fight with them)

If anyone has experienced this PLEASE give me hope that this wont be a huge nightmare.

I really can't even begin to handle any of this. I am so freaked out.

Thanks.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Inphonic Is CROOKED
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Inphonic Is CROOKED
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
damn
by Quixotic115 / October 20, 2005 8:17 AM PDT
In reply to: Inphonic Is CROOKED

damn that sucks. I didn't think they would do some sneaky thing like that...good luck sorting that out.

Collapse -
Inphonic sucks.
by MMiller777 / October 20, 2005 10:30 AM PDT

Wow, and I was pissed off because they didn't send the car-charger and accessories that they had promised. Despite repeated calls and emails, and several promises to send these, they never sent anything. They make it as difficult as they can to get in touch with anyone but a sales agent because getting your money is the only thing these SOBs really care about. I would pursue them with the Federal Trade Commision and the Better Business Bureau, but I totally hear you about "not having time for this" crap.

Best of luck to you.

Collapse -
a bit of resolution
by bendmywookie / October 21, 2005 2:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Inphonic sucks.

I contacted Tmobil last night and it sounds like they are going to make sorting this out on their side pretty simple. I was so terrified dealing with them was going to be the hardest part.

And I canceled my card so Inphonice can't collect anything on it. So i may just hock the phone and its components on ebay to make some money off of this rediculous incident.

Collapse -
Makes no sense
by winfidel / October 31, 2005 3:35 AM PST
In reply to: a bit of resolution

This makes no sense; if you never ordered the phone, how could they get your credit card? Did someone use your credit card? If so, how can you blame this company?

Did you try calling the company and telling them it was a mistake, and please have it picked up if they want it. You are not legally obligated to do anything if you didn't order it.

If they charge your credit card, all you have to do is contact the credit card company, and dispute the charge, and they will immediately credit your account.

You are either very gullible, or leaving something out.

Collapse -
InPhonic
by beckej85 / November 1, 2005 5:33 AM PST

Hey I had a similar experience. I don't know how it happened because I don't have a credit card. I have talked to Tmobil and they are totally cool with helping people out.
InPhonic Inc. won't refund my money and I am being charged $250 in equipment fees. It's bogus and I won't do it. There has to be a way to deal with this. I am a college student too and can't afford to pay out that much money. Good luck to you and if you find a solution, let me know.

Collapse -
WHAT A SISSY!!
by Frankmarino7 / November 3, 2005 2:19 AM PST

OMG!!! Come on man be a MAN!! return the thing and stop crying NO wonder this country is a mess!! SISSY!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.