Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Incredimail

by Gypsy13 / March 4, 2005 10:31 AM PST

I love Incredimail but have been advised to ditch it because my friend said it tracks people I send e-mails to. Is this correct? What do you think? I would like to hear your responses. Thank you Eleanor

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Incredimail
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Incredimail
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Incredimail does have problems!
by mopscare42 / March 6, 2005 9:15 AM PST
In reply to: Incredimail

My daughter has Incredimail and every time she sends me something it is automatically sent to my deleted folder.
I am running Windows XP Pro sp2.
I called Microsoft about this problem and was told that the popup blocker and spyware filters are seeing something they don't like. They recommended not using Incredimail?
So I am assuming what your friend told you is fact.

Collapse -
Thanks
by Gypsy13 / March 9, 2005 6:39 PM PST

Thank you for your help

Collapse -
Incredimail - v - XP Pro SP2
by Gremlinize / August 24, 2006 12:43 AM PDT

I read with interest that people are having probs with Incredimail and Win XP. While I do not have a solution at this time, what I can tell you is that I have Incredimail installed, I have been running XP Home for yonks and have had no problems AT ALL. I have recently upgraded to XP Pro SP2 and guess what? It and Incredimail works fine. I enjoy using Incredimail and I hope this will encourage like-minded people to persevere until the problems are sorted.

Collapse -
Incredimail - v - XP Pro SP2
by dlphm / May 12, 2007 5:06 PM PDT

I have been using Windows XP Home and switched to Pro and My Incredimail works fine with my operating system.
Incredimail is a great email program.
and your all wrong it's not SPYWARE..
Just like every other Software you use on a PC U have to pay for some of it.

Collapse -
I doubt if replying to a 2 year old post
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / May 12, 2007 8:15 PM PDT

will get your message across.

Mark

Collapse -
Incredimail is a dangerous place to live.......
by bounders / February 27, 2007 10:41 AM PST

During the past few years I've tried, without success, to use Incredimail effectively only to switch back to Mozilla Thunderbird or Outlook. For some unknown reason Incredimail seems to slow everything down when I try to compose a letter making a simple task very difficult.

Thunderbird's scam and junk filters are among the best and easiest to use with no unwanted emails marked as anything but what they are, scam and/or junk.

Collapse -
Incredimail has problems, compounded by poor support.
by wirelessab / October 2, 2007 8:44 PM PDT

My operating system is Windows XP Pro SP2 Tablet Edition.
I am a paying customer and have been using Incredimail for about 3 years and until recently I thoroughly enjoyed using the product. In the last 3 weeks I upgraded to the latest version and now when I try and start Incredimail, it opens my browser (IE) and a flash plugin is supposed to be installed. The flash plugin installation does not work and I am unable to access my email and files. I logged a support call and got a response. I was emailed a copy of flash and asked to install. The install failed with the following error:
Error 1904.Module, C:\Windows\system32\macromed\flash\flash9d.ocx failed to register. HRESULT-2147220473. Contact you support personnel.

This was last week. Since Friday of last week I have not had a response from Incredimail. As you can imagine I have a lot of stored files that I urgently require access to, but the support does not seem to be there.

In the past I recommended Incredimail to all of my friends and colleagues. I am very disappointed with Incredimail and for this reason can no longer recommend the product.

Collapse -
Incredimail
by rattlinbones / March 6, 2005 10:52 AM PST

May be a bit late for a reply. I will not directly say that Incredimail tracks you. I will point you to google as your search engine and do a search under Incredimail and you find some very interesting posts. Try Mozilla Thunderbird instead. I did.

Collapse -
Thanks
by Gypsy13 / March 9, 2005 6:41 PM PST

Thank you for your suggestion. I will look into it.

Collapse -
My 2
by MarDel53 / March 10, 2005 7:02 PM PST

I have been using Incredimail now for approximately 2? years. I must admit, I purchased it over a year ago; I have had not had any trouble like the above suggestions. Could that mean that Outlook is really blocking the ads that come with the unpaid version that most people use? Or do they want you to use Outlook instead. Remember ads are ads and if you use the free version; it has to be supported by the ads. Just like all the free e-mail accounts like yahoo, etc. I wish people would stop picking on Incredimail.
How many of you use Hotbar? did you know that is full of spyware?

Collapse -
Incredimail
by RONNIE1958 / March 10, 2005 7:17 PM PST
In reply to: My 2

Yes i agree with you i use Incredimail and like yourself i have purchased the programme and i have had NO problems what so ever, so i wish people would get a life and stop picking on Incredimail.

Collapse -
INCREDIMAIL IS GREAT!
by TexanInExile / March 11, 2005 6:27 AM PST

I have used a purchased copy of Incredimail for about a year now, and I like it. I also tried the Incredimail add-on package for Outlook 2002.

Outlook didn't work all that well, but did try to keep making itself the default mail program. I finally just cleared it off and ditched it.

I would go back to Outlook because I like the way I manage Contact info, but Incredimail is just better.

With Incredimail you get options with junk mail to both "Block Sender" and " Bounce Sender". With block is self explanatory. Bounce sender sends the originator a message that says the message was undeliverable because your e-mail address is not valid. It takes a couple of months, but you see a big drop off in the amount of junk you get, except for those folks that need your help to get money out of a bank somewhere, they happen no matter what.

Good luck.

Collapse -
incredimail
by darktower / March 28, 2007 5:44 PM PDT

to all that use incredimail paid or free incredimail dose have tracker software in it and all emails are treated as non confidential so dont send pivate info through it .RONNIE1958 just becouse u dont have problems dosent mean others dont so stop being a jugdementle smacktard.

Collapse -
I agree and add my 2 cents
by domashka / March 10, 2005 7:26 PM PST
In reply to: My 2

I've been using Incredimail for 4 years and love it. I once downloaded Hotbar and now nothing on this planet will remove it
Wendy

Collapse -
Remove Hotbar
by claudcar / March 11, 2005 1:04 AM PST
Collapse -
re: Hotbar,
by Whitesnake / March 11, 2005 2:15 AM PST

Wendy,
You need to do a search through your registry for all Hotbar links and delete it all from there ... but be very careful if you are not confident in working with your registry. Try Regclean ... I'm almost sure you'll find it among Cnet's download list ... it works most of the time.

Collapse -
Not being able to get rid of hotbar
by peteface / March 12, 2005 1:23 PM PST

Try spysweeper it should do the job, best from Peteface

Collapse -
Removing Hotbar
by wynelldj / April 15, 2005 1:07 AM PDT

Hotbar can be removed using programs such as: Spy Hunter by Enigma Software, or Regfix, or TuneUp Mechanic. These are all programs that I have used for years, and are pretty simple to use. They range in cost from $19.99 to $39.99. Download one of these, and it will remove Hotbar from your systems registry.

Collapse -
Incredimail
by gblayne / March 11, 2005 6:00 AM PST

Incredimail is a GREAT GREAT program,me & my family & friends have been using the free version for 3-4 years now and we have had no problem with it tracking us! I have not been able to get my outlook to work for 2 years so I use increadimail as my primary and earthlink web mail to filter all my junk mail! I feel the two together make a pretty unbeatable pair!

Collapse -
Incredi all
by Incredizilch / December 18, 2007 5:59 PM PST

If Incredimail is such a great and honest product, please answer this:

Why is it not provided with a simple ... honest ... UNINSTALL?

No answer, eh? Happy

Collapse -
Incredimail
by Merlijn / March 10, 2005 8:17 PM PST

Why on earth would incredimail track your e-mails? They have better things to do with their time. Micro$oft forces you to register Windoze XP through the internet. Do you know for sure they are not tracking you or the software you have on your PC?
Incredimail works with ads in the free version. So do many programs, like Eudora for instance.
I use Incredimail for over 5 years. OK, I bought a license, but never, not even before that have I had warnings of spyware or trojan activities in incredimail. I run Ad-Aware and some other similar softs on a regular basis. I have Webroots anti spyware running in the background. All of them are updated as often as possible. No problems whatsoever.
Most of the free versions have some kind of ad-ware build in. They do have to make a living, you know.
If you're don't want the ads, pay for the thing. It realy isn't that expensive.

Collapse -
Incredimail
by Melliemusic / March 10, 2005 8:43 PM PST

My experiences with Incredimail (the purchased version) are also positive. And since I have spyware detection, it never pointed out to Incredimail.
I agree with the other comments, to pay for the licensed version. Also it gives more stuff to use.

Collapse -
IncrediMail
by will_5050 / March 19, 2005 12:10 PM PST

Like the previous posters, I have been using incredimail for the past 9 months, and have had no problems what so ever, that wasn't explainable or repairable. Incredimail is a very good mail program and I use it as my primary mail program. Spyware? what spyware? I use webroot spysweeper, spybot search and destroy as well as adaware and these programs have never indicated any problems with Incredimail, let alone indicating it as being spyware. Just my 2cents on the subject.

Collapse -
Incredimail works great
by gkearnes / March 10, 2005 10:03 PM PST

I have used Incredimail since my daughter showed it to me over 4 years ago and I did try the free version and I had some problems with the free version as did my daughter but I bought paid version and have never regreted it. I have never had a problem with adware or spyware using it. As my friends run adware on their computers and have never had a problem with anything coming from my computer,I would say Incredimail works just find.

Collapse -
Incredimail
by trashcrash / March 10, 2005 10:51 PM PST

Another A+ for incredimail. I have been using it for three years now. I have no problems what so ever, and it is fun to use. If you are concerned about tracking, guess what, there is more tracking going on than you probably want to know about. All it takes is a touch of a key stroke.

Collapse -
Incredimail: paid version good; avoid the free version
by bobgregory / March 10, 2005 11:33 PM PST

Disclaimer: I don't use Incredimail.

But I do support 100+ computers for a living and when users started installing this I investigated. My experience has been similar to what has been reported here and in other forums. The paid version seems to cause no trouble, but folks using the free version have had more strange problems on their systems.

This *may* be caused by free Incredimail. It may also be that folks tempted by "free" software install other "free" stuff which includes nastier adware & spyware that is difficult or nearly impossible to get rid of.

Collapse -
Incredimail Flash
by MyLloyd / March 11, 2005 2:15 AM PST

I too Love Incredimail BUT have a problem now which I'd love to solve ASAP so I can return to Nirvana.
I recently installed Norton 2003 system works mainly for the Ghost function . Yesterday I did a "system clean" with it & it found 700+ problems . I clicked "clean up" but now I cant access Incredimail XE ( paid version ) It tells me that my "Flash player" is incompatible but when I follow the links to Macromedia I get no support or despite the message a working flash. Everything else seems to work great & I can get all functions on an Incredimail Demo working perfectly. I've tried reinstalling incredimail but NO Diff....
I'd love some help ASAP as I Need to access my Incredimail Addresses , Messages etc. ..... Lloyd

Collapse -
norton ...
by Whitesnake / March 11, 2005 2:26 AM PST
In reply to: Incredimail Flash

Check and see if Norton System works has a restore function, use it and look for the Incredimail links and just restore your Incredimail. Check the settings and make sure that it allows Flash and if it has been selected then de-select and see if that helps.
Also check with the other forums, there could be some info among the security forums ... worth the thought.
I don't use Norton System works but I do use Ghost now and then.

Collapse -
Problem with your Incredimail XE
by lwos / March 11, 2005 2:43 AM PST
In reply to: Incredimail Flash

I love to hate Norton...... OK, Try opening up Incredimail, click on Help and then License.....do you see Incredimail Premium listed there. If not, click on enter code, and type in your license number, the one they gave you when you purchased the Premium package. If that doesnt work.......then try this...open your drive C: and click open the following....../program files/incredimail/bin/licenses. Now delete the IM PREM IMK file...... Then shut down, restart and open Incredimail/Help/ ENTER REGISTRATION CODE. If that doesnt work, then you have two choices, you can try a System Restore to a date when everything worked properly........ or......You'll have to LOSE EVERYTHING, uninstall Incredimail, then do a clean install of Incredimail. Yes, I know it's a pain, and you'll have to re-download all the statinoery, sounds, animations, notifiers, skins but it isnt Incredimails fault..... It's us not leaving well enough alone.

Collapse -
More problems with Incredimail
by MyLloyd / March 15, 2005 3:17 AM PST

I followed your recommendation & uninstalled Incredimail & macromedia... BUT after Reinstalling INCREDIMAIL I kept being directed to a non functioning Macromedia site supposedly to install the correct version of Flash .So no Incredimail ! Finally I opened IE6 ( NOT my customary Firefox &&&& It worked after I clicked RUN Thennnn.... after spending 1+ hours reinstalling "Letters , Animations etc. " I closed out & AGAIN got that darn direction !!! Again NO CHOICES just leads to a Non-Functioning file.So no more Incredimail AGAIN
Further I continue receiving NO ANSWER from Incredimail "Help" to this Dillemma OR what my Key-number is....
I have spent MANY HOURS on this problem and am getting Extremely frustrated as I already miss my Incredimail a lot. I have already lost all addresses etc. that were in my Incredimail and can ressucitate them but need help with the above .
How can I contact Incredimail preferrably by phone OR a functioning E.Mail address....... Lloyd

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.