Windows Legacy OS forum

Incorrect Printing issue

by shusta1 / March 14, 2013 12:53 AM PDT

I have a networked PC that had a batch files that ran when a user logged in. It deleted LPT ports and redirected them with names to meet our needs. This worked fine for years. Now we no longer need to use these files and they have been removed from all user and system Startup Folders.

From my trouble shooting it seems that this batch file is still being loaded when a user logs in. Now visual a document will look correct but when it prints; it prints as if Word Wrap was turned off. The same file from another PC (XP) to the same printer prints fine. Would there be any place in the registry that may still be holding on to the older printer settings? Could this be a print spooler error/issue?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Incorrect Printing issue
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Incorrect Printing issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
(NT) Sounds like you didn't install the printer driver.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 14, 2013 3:42 AM PDT
Collapse -
Printer Driver
by shusta1 / March 14, 2013 6:27 AM PDT

Driver is installed and available to all users of this PC. Printer Name, settings, Share, IP, Port, ETC... are all the same as on a PC without this issue.

Collapse -
Then it's not the same is it?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 14, 2013 6:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Printer Driver

Keep digging because you are there and there's not enough for me to give you a solid answer. I've seen such before and fixed it by removing the printer drivers and doing it again. One time we had our IT staff telling us that's not it. Go figure why it worked. They wanted to investigate it but we sent them away.

Collapse -
by shusta1 / March 15, 2013 12:20 AM PDT

Thanks... I'll have one of our guys remove all printers like I was thinking and reinstall them. I'll let you know the outcome.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.