PC Applications forum

in Wise Care 365, what's the "System Slimming" really doing?

by xyvz / April 27, 2013 5:42 PM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: in Wise Care 365, what's the "System Slimming" really doing?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: in Wise Care 365, what's the "System Slimming" really doing?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Re: registry cleaner
by Kees_B Forum moderator / April 27, 2013 7:58 PM PDT

That's simple. Don't run it, don't buy it, and don't mind or care what they say.

Collapse -
Snake oil.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 30, 2013 12:25 AM PDT

Lose weight fast?

Collapse -
Overlooked this post,
by AlohaMonday / May 22, 2013 6:24 PM PDT
In reply to: Snake oil.

which is a nice explanation. lol...

So in another word, a PC would be faster if thinner?

I've heard that one should do the regular things if want to keep the PC healthy:
1. maintain the hardware healthy and clean (any software for this?)
2. maintain regular settings not to be changed by malware.
3. Strengthen and harmonize software installed in the device. (avoid conflicts)
Maybe enough.

Collapse -
seen this in another post
by xyvz / May 29, 2013 7:41 PM PDT
In reply to: Overlooked this post,

learned. thx.

Collapse -
by xyvz / May 1, 2013 5:08 PM PDT

anybody ever used this product can answer my questions?

i got recommendation from friends online.
now it's working fine on my PC.

But i'm confused with the "Kees" answer.

Collapse -
I'll let Kees answer but my answer is.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 4, 2013 2:08 AM PDT
In reply to: confused

These cleaners create problems from our view. As such almost all the moderators will not write nice about them.

There is some lighter weight cleaner that you'll see noted but if a moderator replies, my bet is they will not write anything nice about this title.

Hope this explains why we advise to avoid such titles.

Collapse -
not reasonable right?
by xyvz / May 7, 2013 4:37 PM PDT

Hello Bob, you mean our devices don't need such optimizers
or just that you have better methods to help?
I see that they do have users, that's why I want to try it.
Any other ideas?

Collapse -
Why not try it?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 8, 2013 9:20 AM PDT
In reply to: not reasonable right?

Just last month my neighbor was pleased with iobit and told me about it. Only 2 weeks later I'm helping him recover his PC.

It's your PC. Do what you want and folk here will help you recover if they can.

Just don't get upset as all the moderators repeat in unison -> We only lose what we didn't backup. <-

Collapse -
PS. A moderator did try a few.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 8, 2013 9:27 AM PDT
In reply to: Why not try it?

And came away with little or no gain plus added spyware or other unwanted things. I fear folk can't be told this but must learn it first hand.

Collapse -
An example of why you shouldn't use it!
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 20, 2013 4:14 AM PDT
In reply to: confused
Collapse -
about the post
by xyvz / May 20, 2013 5:36 PM PDT

I just read the post.
You are not really against this kind of software right? Otherwise why the comparison post of optimizers pinned in this forum? Or it's as a warning?

According to my experience these days, the WiseCare 365 is so fast. It's that I even doubt whether it has done something or not?
I mean, just seconds away, it has finished the process.
Is that real? Or some tricks?

Collapse -
Re: optimiser
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 20, 2013 6:06 PM PDT
In reply to: about the post

Optimizing and slimming and all such terms are so general they say nothing about what these products really do. Some things might be useful, other things most like aren't.

That's why I don't use them. And certainly about the registry cleaning part we warn our members to not use them either.

Collapse -
years ago when I didn't know better
by itsdigger / May 8, 2013 10:20 AM PDT

I purchased Wise PC Engineer. Here's a link to explain what it say's it does>> http://www.wisecleaner.com/PCE/Help/EN/images/pce_main.jpg and it did not help my computer run faster nor did it speed up anything but it also didn't hurt anything. It just did nothing! It's just another gimmick! Why not just use the good free tools that are proven to work safely and be done with it? We have stuff like Ccleaner, Wot, malwarebytes, you have a built in disk cleaner and defragger but I use Auslogics , anyway , Wise wasn't such a wise purchase. Just an opinion..Digger

Collapse -
hello digger
by xyvz / May 20, 2013 6:00 PM PDT

I opened the link you provided and it was only a picture. Is this also a product of theirs? The same as Wise Care 365 or what?
You mentioned a few other optimizers, which one do you think is better? I know CCleaner. But not familiar with others. This Wise ranks only below CCleaner. Any advantages or comparisons for all of them?

Collapse -
The advantage is Ccleaner is free
by itsdigger / May 20, 2013 6:22 PM PDT
In reply to: hello digger

and does a wonderful job in it's default setting. Don't try tweeking it. Just run it as is and you'll be in great shape' I also suggest Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and again use it in it's default settings. Never use registry cleaners. I read today an article that on newer systems that we really don't need to worry about de-fragging but I still do occasionally, your choice. Anyway,why pay for programs that do no better than the free ones. That's my opinion and learned that basically from the Pro's right here at C/net....Digger

Collapse -
I used this free version

I tried many freeware of this kind.

This one happened to be fine enough in my computer.

About the system slimming,
I found a help doc here: http://www.wisecleaner.com/wisecare365/help/en/
in the left pane, click on system slimming
I think it keeps fit of the system, you know, from the meaning of the name.

I also have a question on this software:
Can this software be controlled by administrator account? I mean, the PC can only be cleaned by administrator of the PC. If possible?

Collapse -
Re: administrator
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 12, 2013 8:53 PM PDT

That seems a question you can answer yourself. What happens if you run that program in a non-administrator account?

Collapse -
what happens if?
by AlohaMonday / May 13, 2013 4:35 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: administrator

I just wonder if I can control the use of this software for a non-administrator account in my PC.
If I don't want other users to clean their traces or histories produced while they were using this PC under a non-administrator account. Is that possible?

Hope my question is clear enough.

Collapse -
Re: administrator account
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 13, 2013 5:10 PM PDT
In reply to: what happens if?

Three questions:
- What happened when you tried it in a non-administrative account?
- What exactly do you want those non-admin users not being able to do? For most of those things, I think, there's another way.
- There are different ways of denying access to a folder (the folder where the program is installed in) or a file. But those depend on your OS, and you didn't tell what version of Windows) you have.

Collapse -
re: what happened (to:kees)
by AlohaMonday / May 14, 2013 6:53 PM PDT

OK, to be more clear: If I need an optimizer like Wise Care 365 in my computer, but, I don't like some other family members (like kids) to use it randomly. The reason, like some others may have suggested, is that careless operations with the optimizers may cause unkonwn consequences. Of course I'd also like to keep an eye on their internet surfing traces instead of letting the software clean everything for them. So?

Collapse -
Re: cleaning
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 14, 2013 6:59 PM PDT

First of all, most people don't need such optimizers. But IF you do (you didn't tell) and you want to be the only one who can run it (that's what you're telling) there are several options. However, since you don't answer my two questions, I can't tell more. Let me repeat:

1. Could you run the trial version in a non-administrative account? If not, the problem seems to be solved.
2. What version and service pack of Windows does your PC have?

Collapse -
answers then
by AlohaMonday / May 14, 2013 7:26 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: cleaning

hello Kees,
So maybe it's a misunderstanding. I tried and it can be used in a non-administrative account.
But, I'd like to know whether there exist an option for us users to choose to ban it.

Windows version matters in this issue?

Collapse -
Re: Windows version matters?
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 14, 2013 7:32 PM PDT
In reply to: answers then

Yes, or I wouldn't have asked. Details of permissions are dependent on the OS.

But, of course, some basics are the same everywhere. If you install that program inside your own profile in stead of in Program Files, you're the only one who has access to it. Like your kids can't read your documents if they aren't administrator. That's such basic access control that I'm sure you know it.

Collapse -
it's a win7
by AlohaMonday / May 14, 2013 8:00 PM PDT

I just tried and it worked! Thanks really for that you reminded me of this: C:\Users
btw, I asked in another post of yours, can you possibly answer me?
It's about why this software is not included in the comparison.

Collapse -
by xyvz / May 20, 2013 6:02 PM PDT

Thanks alohamonday . The doc is helpful but too long lol

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.