1. I made a new mailfolder in Outlook Express.
2. I exited the program.
3. In Windows Explorer I went to the folder where OE stores its .dbx files.
4. I copied a .dbx file with the mails I was interested in OVER the newly created one.
5. I went into OE again and dragged that mails out of this new folder to their final place.
6. I repeated 2 through 5 as often as necessary.
7. I deleted that temporary mailfolder in Outlook Express.
8. I made a new backup.
I have a PC, XP(3), laptop.
Recently I 'lost' a 'chunk' of my email messages; they just disappeared, like from Sep 2010 to Nov 2011. I backed up the message folder in Nov 2011 and I have those dbx files available.
The questiion is, how can I import (from my backup email message file, only those email messages I need to 'fill the gap in my current message list?
I am thinking of creating a new account, importing the entire backup file an then deleting those messages I don't need for the 'filler. Then same that mail message folder and import just that into my current messages.
The question I have with this process, is will the partial messages list write over the existing list and I wind up with just the partial list, or will importing the partial list 'fill in' where there is a gap in the current list?