Windows Legacy OS forum

Resolved Question

IE with add-on needs to close. Add-on=toolbar.32dll Fix??

by bitnap / March 25, 2012 4:33 AM PDT

Using Windows 7 on XP Rro seems that when working in MS Word 2010 trying to create a windows file to pdf using Acrobat, the above IE add-on note appears and blocks create conversion. What am I missing.

bitnap has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: IE with add-on needs to close. Add-on=toolbar.32dll Fix??
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: IE with add-on needs to close. Add-on=toolbar.32dll Fix??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Are you using Google Toolbar?
by KenHusveg / March 25, 2012 4:45 AM PDT

If so try disabling it.

Collapse -
Disabling?
by bitnap / March 25, 2012 5:18 AM PDT

Sorry I didn't understand, Does making FF the primary browser disable IE? or did you mean disable the BHO?

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by bitnap

Collapse -
Using Windows 7 on XP pro
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 25, 2012 4:47 AM PDT

What does that mean? You are either using Windows XP Pro or Windows 7, not both at the same time.

Have you tried disabling this add-on?

I have no idea why the add-on should be popping up when you are using Office and Adobe, especially if Internet Explorer is not running. And http://www.file.net/process/toolbar32.dll.html does not tell much about what this add-on is, except it is a BHO, (Browser Helper Object), which are unique to IE. Some of these add-ons and BHOs can be malicious but whether this is or not I can't say.

Mark

Collapse -
Ouch
by bitnap / March 25, 2012 5:50 AM PDT

Thanks Mark.
Sorry about that. I am running a desk Dual core XP sp3, 97 Pro and a laptop running both Win 7 and XP. Both units have Office 2010 Home. The Acrobat 7.1.0 now states that the PageMaker is missing from the Adobe s/w yet Illustrator, In-Design and Photoshop are installed. Any suggestions? My expertise is only as good as my brain cells and both are debatable. Happy

Collapse -
Answer
Seems simple to fix.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 25, 2012 4:49 AM PDT

Why not uninstall that addon?

Collapse -
Uninstall
by bitnap / March 25, 2012 5:27 AM PDT
In reply to: Seems simple to fix.

Thanks Bob,
Could you give me the uninstall directions? I am the wick at the end of this computer stick and I blow sometimes.

Collapse -
No. Here's why.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 25, 2012 5:58 AM PDT
In reply to: Uninstall

There is no known "toolbar.32dll" out there according to google. This means I can't write anything complete and with other discussions for you to draw on.

For now you should use IE's manage toolbars and addins to disable it. If you had a typographic error in your post and it is not "toolbar.32dll" then you can add a correction to your post.
Bob

Collapse -
No. Here's why.
by bitnap / March 25, 2012 6:22 AM PDT
In reply to: No. Here's why.

Yes...my bad typo...correct to toolbar32.dll

Collapse -
Ahh, you know
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 25, 2012 8:22 PM PDT
In reply to: No. Here's why.

that makes all the difference! We've wasted some time here looking for the wrong file.

That toolbar32.dll seems to be part of a "StartNow" toolbar, as described here;
http://www.file.net/process/toolbar32.dll.html

Whatever you do, do not click the link in that web site pointing to StartNow, (StartNow . com). My Firefox browser security Add-on WOT, (Web of Trust), tells me this web site is dangerous and malicious and their review is here;
http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/startnow.com

You should be able to uninstall this toolbar from the Control Panel > Add/Remove programs. Look for "Startnow toolbar", and for good measure, "conduitengine", but don't worry if you don't have that. Uninstall what you find.

If you have an anti-spyware utility called Spybot Search & Destroy running it's TeaTimer background scanner, disable that first before attempting to uninstall these.

Reboot, (Restart), the computer after uninstalling, just to update system files and the registry, then on restart open IE and go to Tools, (you might have to click the gear icon), Manage Add-ons, and check that it has gone. Whether it is called StartNow or toolbar32.dll, I can't say.

I read your other post about "PageMaker is missing from the Adobe s/w yet Illustrator", but I am unsure if this relates to the same problem being discussed here. If not, may I suggest you begin another new discussion to state the problem and give full details?

Mark

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.