Windows Vista

General discussion

Icons in my music folder

by drkstr71 / June 3, 2008 11:51 PM PDT

Some of the icons in my music folder are the album artwork for the song. Most of the icons are a generic mp3 icon. Can anyone tell me how to make all the icons album art? All songs have album art when played in media player.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Icons in my music folder
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Icons in my music folder
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Are Their File Extensions Different?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / June 4, 2008 1:14 AM PDT

I'm guessing the files with .mp3 icons are .mp3 files? And the artwork has a different file extension? If so, then Windows identifies each file extension with a different icon.. That is as designed and you don't want to change that.. Windows may not recognize exactly what type of file you've got and therefore not play it correctly.. In addition, if you simply change the icon of all .mp3 files, then you won't know other types of .mp3 files which play in your media players..

On the other hand, if the file extensions for both icons are the same, then you may have a problem. Please let us know.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
All files are .mp3
by drkstr71 / June 4, 2008 1:21 AM PDT

All are mp3 files some have the album cover for the icon and some have a generic mp3 icon. I would like to have them all show the album cove if possible

Collapse -
Then Have You Tried Simply Changing The Icon..?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / June 4, 2008 9:29 AM PDT
In reply to: All files are .mp3

I'm not on a Vista machine at the moment, but on this XP, RIGHT click on the mp3 icon, choose "Properties", then look to the "Opens With" section at the top, then select the "Change" button.. Follow the steps and prompts to confirm that it opens with the program of your choice, (be sure the box next to "Always use this program to open this files type" is CHECKED, then click on "apply", then OK.. There also may be a "Change Icon" button or you can follow the path below to change it.

Explore > Tools >Folder Options > View > Clicked File Folder > Changed Icon

Hope this helps.

Grif

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.