TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

I want to record from my cable DVR to a DVD-Recorder...

by trippregan / June 8, 2005 2:34 AM PDT

Does anybody here have this setup and do you have the ability to insert tracks and such?

SciAm 8000 Cable Box/DVR
no stand-alone DVD-Recorder as of yet

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I want to record from my cable DVR to a DVD-Recorder...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I want to record from my cable DVR to a DVD-Recorder...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hello?
by trippregan / June 15, 2005 8:46 AM PDT

Has no one else had this problem?

Collapse -
Your question was quite narrow.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 15, 2005 8:58 AM PDT
In reply to: Hello?

It asked for those that owned such and such. As such, responses may be very few.

Bob

Collapse -
it is possible
by fg3068 / June 15, 2005 4:57 PM PDT

just recently hooked my system up to a Philips Dvd recorder, it is possible, with the SA 8000, although you will have to use the coaxial cable out of the sa to the dvd recorder or use the additional outputs.

as far as insert tracks, I have no idea.

Collapse -
I want to record from my cable DVR to a DVD-R
by jcrobso / June 16, 2005 4:31 AM PDT

You gave little info about your setup.
If you cable DVR has s-video and audio outputs you can get a stand alone DVD recorder and dub them over. John

Collapse -
A better phrasing for this...
by trippregan / June 16, 2005 8:02 AM PDT

I am looking for a moderately priced DVD recorder that will allow flexible recording, track inserts and good quality. I don't need DVR, Time-Slip and I'd prefer DVD+R format compatability.

Mainly, I will be using this to archive DVR recordings as my watching lags my recording as well as for repeat viewings...

Have S-Vid, Composite and Dig out on DVR... sadly no Components+

Collapse -
buy a standalone dvr
by fg3068 / July 11, 2005 5:51 AM PDT

I just recently purchased a philips dvdr80 with the faroudja dcdi chipset. this records to dvd+r and has the capability to meet your needs.
your cable box should have an additional line out for the dvr, use this.

Collapse -
DVD+R format
by jcrobso / July 13, 2005 2:22 AM PDT

I have the Sony DVR-10 it is a stand alone DVD recorder via video( or S-Video) and audio inputs or PC-USB dual layer DVD bruner.
In stand alone mode it uses DVD+R/RW. In computer mode it will record on any DVD.
I mainly use it to back up my PVR recordings. John

Collapse -
Recording from Directv DVR to DVD-R
by LindaMac / March 8, 2008 12:02 AM PST

Hi jcrobso,

I have thankfully come across your post in the CNET forums. Been trying to get the shows I have recorded on my Directv DVR copied to the DVD-R.

I have: Sumsung DVR Model SIR-S4080R, Toshiba DVD-R RW Model
#D-KRIOKU. 13yr old Panasonic TV CT27SF2271,with S-Video capabilities. I do not have HD. I also have a DVD/VCR Combo drive hooked to the DVR. Unfortunately for some unknown reason the ability to "send to VCR" from the DVR just stopped working. So I am wondering if part of the problem lies with Directv equipment.

No matter what I do, what directions I follow, even some I found on the net by people with the same problems, I cannot get it to work. Directv is like hitting a blank wall, everything short of they don't support it, which obviously they don't.

Any help you could send my way would be so appreciated, I am totally lost.
Thanks !

Lin

Collapse -
cable dvr to a Sony VRD-MC5 Multi Function DVD Recorder
by Ryacali619 / November 16, 2009 9:29 AM PST

I tried to hook a cable dvr to a Sony VRD-MC5 Multi Function DVD Recorder to record a movie, it did not work. Used a RCA cable. Signal was getting through to the recorder until you press record. Then its saying "waiting for signal". Anybody have a suggestion.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.