Phones forum

General discussion

I want to listen to mp3 on the run...

by MaxDuncan / April 16, 2006 5:18 AM PDT

with the headphones ON and the flip closed.I find it very difficult to ride my bike with the flip open. Also, can i install another player like realone on my v3i? Can u gimme a link for more cool applications to install on my newly bought v3i?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I want to listen to mp3 on the run...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I want to listen to mp3 on the run...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
headset
by ajaikarran / April 18, 2006 2:43 AM PDT

Try bengalbot(dot)com for advice. Also, look for the Bluespoon Spider headset. It's A2DP (stereo). You can control your music via the hradset (it covers both ears). When a phone call comes in the music pauses. It does not have a boom mike. Check out that site and the reviews. I was lucky enought to beta test a model. It's great!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) typo---bengalboy.com
by ajaikarran / April 18, 2006 2:56 AM PDT
In reply to: headset
Collapse -
the headset is not of much help...
by MaxDuncan / April 18, 2006 6:05 PM PDT
In reply to: headset

... in Flip models like moto razr v3i. I close the flip and the audio player is off... how do expect me to keep the flip open all the time... Is there a way to keep the audio player in the v3i running even when the flip is closed?

Also, If i want to load a 3rd party audio player onto the mobile like the realplayer, how can i accomplish that?

Collapse -
headset
by ajaikarran / April 18, 2006 11:42 PM PDT

This headset has no flip. Everything is dependant on blootooth being on. I have a v3 and a moto flip/boom headset. The spider looks like an ideal product for you. Again, there i no flip mike.

As for installing third party apps I am not sure. Search the web (sorry for being obvious). If you find a software you want you will need a cable to connect the v3 to the pc. Any app designed for mobile phones will have instructions on downloading to the phone, unless the carrier locks it down.

Again, try bengalboy.com. People on that site are very helpful. The site owner (Mark) is very helpful as well.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) BUY AN iPOD or anyother MP3 player
by stra0373 / April 19, 2006 2:06 AM PDT
Collapse -
DUH!!! Thanks, I will consider that in my next life.
by MaxDuncan / April 19, 2006 9:27 PM PDT

I am asking for some work arounds here in terms of the software... Hardware swapping is not as easy, and I dont find it extremely comfortable to carry a lotta electronic devices around, moose

Collapse -
V3i
by Newton Castilho / April 19, 2006 6:04 AM PDT

I was just wondering where you live and how much you paid for your V3i?

Collapse -
I live in Bangalore, India
by MaxDuncan / April 19, 2006 9:24 PM PDT
In reply to: V3i

I bought it thru' the employee ambassador offer at the motorola development center here. I paid a reduced price of around Rs. 12000 (thats $1=Rs.45, if u are not an indian). The Handset is cool. The looks are obviously the greatest plus for it, Though the software is extremely juvenile compared to symbians in Nokia. But, this handset is much better than its predecessor, v3.

also, can u plz suggest me some cool softwares (audio/ video) players that are compatible with this handset? I bought this quite recently and not been finding time to search, rather sort from the millions of symbian compatible apps that I come around on google...

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.