Speakeasy

General discussion

I've been wondering

by JP Bill / November 4, 2012 1:34 AM PDT

Why George W. Bush isn't out on the campaign trail helping get Romney elected.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I've been wondering
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I've been wondering
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Probably not asked, just like
by James Denison / November 4, 2012 5:20 AM PST
In reply to: I've been wondering

Obama won't be asked once he's gone.+

Collapse -
(NT) Probably not asked,..............................True that..
by JP Bill / November 4, 2012 5:44 AM PST
Collapse -
Bush had said publicly
by TONI H / November 4, 2012 5:48 AM PST

when he left office that he wasn't going to get into politics again......plus, I imagine that knowing immediately what the liberal left would do with his stumping that Bush decided as well that other than already endorsing Romney, he would only hurt rather than help. The left would have had a field day with Bush appearances........completely opposite to what the right has done about Clinton stumping for BO. There is plenty to complain and advertise against Clinton, but Clinton isn't running for office so the right has pretty much left that issue alone; whereas, the left, with its viciousness throughout this campaign, wouldn't have hesitated to rip Bush and take the focus in the liberal rags away from Romney's message (a message that is working successfully). If you remember during the second debate at the town hall forum, one of the questions from the audience to Romney was about comparing his and Bush's policies........I think it was a pretty smart move on Bush's part to stay out of it in order to help Romney and the rest of the Reps running for office.

Collapse -
That worked out good
by JP Bill / November 4, 2012 5:51 AM PST
In reply to: Bush had said publicly

He didn't want to , and no one wanted him to.

Collapse -
Oh Bill didn't get a complete pass
by Roger NC / November 4, 2012 6:08 AM PST

I've had this show up a few times passed on from various people from around the web.

Bill Clinton was suspended from practicing law in Arkansas and paid a $250,000 fine as a result of the Monica Lewinski incident.
He also paid a $850,000 settlement over the Paula Jones incident.
He was also disbarred from practicing law in front of the Supreme Court.
So Bill Clinton, a disbarred lawyer, a President who was impeached for lying under oath, is asking the American people to believe him when he says the best thing for the country is four more years of Obama.

Just wanted to make sure I had that right

Collapse -
Then Bush should have endorsed Obama
by James Denison / November 4, 2012 6:52 AM PST

that would have been soooooo funny. "I endorse Obama for a second term, because by the time he's through with it, I can't help but look wonderful to everyone in a nostalgic sort of way".

Collapse -
I've been wondering
by Steven Haninger / November 4, 2012 6:56 AM PST

why Joe Biden is out on the campaign trail... Devil

Collapse -
hahahahahahah
by TONI H / November 4, 2012 7:27 AM PST

Actually, he's probably the best weapon Romney could hope for.....People listen to what Biden says and think...he's a heartbeat away from being our prez, oh gawd.

Collapse -
THAT would be hilarious
by JP Bill / November 4, 2012 7:50 AM PST
In reply to: hahahahahahah
Collapse -
actually, in the last few elections
by Roger NC / November 4, 2012 7:53 AM PST
In reply to: hahahahahahah

and in this one, the VP candidates scare me more than any Presidential candidate, and that's not just Democrats.

Collapse -
hm
by DerekRose81 / November 4, 2012 6:53 PM PST

Are you sure he was going to help him? Laugh

Collapse -
Bush is poison
by Josh K / November 5, 2012 12:15 AM PST

It's the same reason Condi Rice was never a serious candidate for VP. Anyone associated with the Bush Administration would have been cancerous to the Romney campaign, and would have served as a reminder that the policy changes Romney wants to make would reflect what the Republicans under Bush DID, and how badly that worked out.

Collapse -
And Bill Clinton's support is the
by Steven Haninger / November 5, 2012 12:18 AM PST
In reply to: Bush is poison

antidote to the poison that would be to Obama's campaign should he try to run on his record alone. Wink

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.