Computer Help forum

I use an HP desktop running Win7 and a Mac OSSL.

by valeve / May 11, 2011 3:24 AM PDT

Suddenly I'm having a problem opening attachments. When it tells me there's an Attachment, I can open it but when the picture or whatever is in the body of the message, it has clear boxes and I can't do anything with it. Angry

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I use an HP desktop running Win7 and a Mac OSSL.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I use an HP desktop running Win7 and a Mac OSSL.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
You say attachments BUT ...
by Edward ODaniel / May 11, 2011 4:16 AM PDT

you aren't telling us what the attachments are (the file format) nor the application you are using that has attachments. We will GUESS that you are meaning email attachments (but won't guess the types) and there may be various causes.

Since you mention TWO Operating Systems should we automatically assume you experiense the problem in BOTH or only in one and if so which one. Could you take a moment or two and tell us the application (or email client(s)) you are using as it is most likely simply how you have things configured.

You really have to help us help you.

Collapse -
attathments by valeve
by valeve / May 11, 2011 5:49 AM PDT

They are on email and they seem to be from the Internet. Could it be that he needs to save them to him PC before sending?

Collapse -
Please clarify...
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / May 11, 2011 6:09 AM PDT
In reply to: attathments by valeve

Would you please clarify what you have.

1] You say you use an HP Desktop running Windows 7 and a Mac OSSL. Do you mean you have two computers, one is the HP running Windows, and the other is a Mac running some Mac OS?

Or do you just have one computer but it has two Operating Systems installed?

2] Which computer, or which Operating System, are you using to manage your emails?

3] What software are you using to manage these emails?

4] Where are these attachments being sent from?

5] Does this happen to all attachments?

6] Have you been able to open attachments in the past before? If so, what has changed on this computer?

Please answer all questions in order, 1 to 6. Please be as precise as you can.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.