Audio & Video Software forum

Question

I-Tunes Eject Icon & Transferring Purchased Items

by Sue883 / December 3, 2012 4:43 AM PST

I just updated my I-Tunes and now I don't have the column on the left side where it used to show the icon that you clicked when you wanted to safely eject your I-Pod from the computer. Can someone tell me how to find this?

I also wanted to update the I-Pod to the latest one, but when I tried it, a message came up saying "There are purchased items on the I-Pod that have not been transferred to your I-Tunes library. You should transfer these first before updating the I-Pod." Where do you find these, and how do you transfer them?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I-Tunes Eject Icon & Transferring Purchased Items
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I-Tunes Eject Icon & Transferring Purchased Items
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I see this came up in the Apple forums. Did you try?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2012 5:01 AM PST

Here's the relevant text.

" spi1400
Re: There are purchased items on the iPod that have not been transferred?
Sep 23, 2012 4:32 PM (in response to Frogging101)

Make sure you are logged into your Apple account in Itunes. Once logged in Right click on your ipod/ipad/iphone and click Transfer Purchases. It will then ask you to authorize your computer. Once you do it will backup all of the paid programs.

IF YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN IT WONT SHOW AN ERROR IT JUST WONT WORK."

Collapse -
Transferring Purchased Items
by Sue883 / December 3, 2012 9:41 PM PST

I just checked all the purchased songs, and they are already on my I-Pod and in my library. I still get the message that there are purchased items that have not been transferred when I try to update the I-Pod. Guess I'll just "continue" and see what happens. Thanks!

Collapse -
I wish this was my issue (?)
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 4, 2012 12:31 AM PST

Sorry but it appears this one is popping up in the Apple forums. I'd keep an eye on that if you don't figure it out.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
I came up with this
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / December 3, 2012 8:30 AM PST

in the iTunes Menu Bar (top of the window(PC) or top of the screen(Mac)
Go to VIEW and select Show SideBar

Poof, you're done

P

Collapse -
I am not chicken.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2012 8:38 AM PST
In reply to: I came up with this

After I hook up my camera to the HDTV today I gotta try this.
Bob

Collapse -
I-Tunes Reject Icon
by Sue883 / December 3, 2012 9:37 PM PST
In reply to: I came up with this

There isn't a "Show SideBar" listed - all I see is list, grid, and artist list. I have the column on the left showing all my music, playlists, etc., but there used to be a little icon with my "Sue's Tunes" that I clicked to eject. It's not there now.

Collapse -
I-Tunes Reject Icon
by Sue883 / December 3, 2012 9:44 PM PST
In reply to: I-Tunes Reject Icon

If I can't find an "eject" icon, can I just shut down the computer and then unplug the I-Pod from the computer without any damage?

Collapse -
Once the machine is shut down, the iPod is fine.
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / December 4, 2012 7:17 AM PST
In reply to: I-Tunes Reject Icon

Just quite iTunes first.

You are not looking at the correct View Menu.

The one you should be looking at is at the top of the iTunes window (In Windows) in the same line as the File, Edit, View, Controls, Store.
That View menu contains Show SIde Bar and Hide Column Browser.

It's at the top of the Screen, not in the iTunes window on a Mac.

P

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.