Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

I NEED YOUR HELP PEOPLE IN DECIDING WHICH MP3 PLAYER TO GET!

by Steve16 / May 10, 2005 8:04 PM PDT

IF YOU HAD TO BUY ONE OF THESE THREE MP3 PLAYER WHICH ONE WOULD IT BE AND WHY?

1.SONY NWE-505L (512 MB)

2. CREATIVE MuVo N200 (512 MB)

3. SAMSUNG YEPP YP-T7X (512 MB)

THANKS TO ALL WHO SENT THEIR OPINIONS ANS ADVICE TO WHICH MP3 PLAYER I SHOULD BUY.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I NEED YOUR HELP PEOPLE IN DECIDING WHICH MP3 PLAYER TO GET!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I NEED YOUR HELP PEOPLE IN DECIDING WHICH MP3 PLAYER TO GET!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
MP3 players
by dfisheruk / May 10, 2005 9:20 PM PDT
Collapse -
Well...

Of those three I would probably choose the Sony one just because they are a reliable brand. I haven't even looked at them, and that's the one I would get.

Collapse -
Sony
by Jazzay / May 11, 2005 1:33 PM PDT
In reply to: Well...

I have a MuVo slim that i love, but Sony's never done me wrong, they just didnt have a good player at the time i was shopping for an mp3 player, but some ppl dont like sony for what i see as isolated insidents

Collapse -
512 mb!
by sregywz / May 13, 2005 8:47 AM PDT

For the price yer payin' for a 512 mb mp3 player I think you should save up or just a buy a bigger one like the iPod mini or an Olympus M:Robe MR100 (wich I prefer).

Collapse -
For now... I'd jump on an iRiver...
by DCizzle / May 13, 2005 3:04 PM PDT

I've had a few... Sold them and recommend them to family and friends. Output power (18mw to BOTH left & right) for running full size headphones Sennheiser 497's. The menu is SO customizable which will make a big difference when you play with it. If you go to Circuit City you can buy the item and play around with it and return it within 30 days NO QUESTIONS ASKED (even if the box/plastic is torn to bits). I have no clue on the Sony?? Muvo N200 I looked at and it does have good reviews but output power made turn away. Samsung T7x and MT6 series had reports of the volume going too high or too low when you adjust it... I'm sure this happens after alot of playing around OR it may not happen at all... But iRiver is strict Mp3 with a solid financial backing... So they dump quality into their items. Samsung builds everything (phones etc etc) so their main focus isn't on the Mp3 market... They're just snagg'n a bit of the market at the moment. Just reply to this posting, and I'll let you know of source for the iRiver 795 512mb for $109.00 Brand New.

Collapse -
iRiver H10 20G
by franktaylor / March 10, 2006 11:18 AM PST

I've had the iRiver H10 for a week and have enjoyed getting familiar with it. The slide is a little twitchy at the outset, but practice improved my feel for this feature. Sound quality is excellent and features strong--very flexible and highly compatible with emusic sites (unlike some very expensive Buzz Brand we know). Bought it at www.woot.com for $170 net after $20 rebate; shipping the standard Woot $5.00. Best price on Froogle $284 plus shipping.

Collapse -
Try this-
by strashk / March 10, 2006 5:43 PM PST

I don't know why they don't show the Sony PSP as a MP3 player-but it's one of the greatest. It not only does a super job with music, but you can download your pictures to it, play games (if you want to) and watch feature movies on it also. Great wide screen and memory added with a memory stick pro duo-up to 2 gig. Lots of great features, and alot more cost effective than some of the mp3 players with half the features. Try to play a movie on the ones you picked out!! Just an idea....

Collapse -
Creative Micro 6GB
by Steves1030 / March 11, 2006 8:52 PM PST

I just got one of these and its a great player has plenty of room for all my downloaded songs and now for the ones I will be ripping from cds.

Collapse -
i know exactly which one to get.
by Da nickster / February 6, 2009 7:45 PM PST

Easy peasy lemon squezzy.
Get the samsung. i had a p2 and the sound quality is so so so so so so so good you wont believe it. and the emodio software rocks. compared with ipods (price wise) they are so much better value. im about to purchase the p3 which is the new touch screen samsung (basiclly like an ipod touch) but its ipod nano money and sounds so much better and does more. Also some samsungs work with bbc iplayer as well which is great.

Collapse -
MP3
by grandmaks / February 7, 2009 1:31 AM PST

It is hard to decide, but Samsung seems to pretty good.

Collapse -
you do know that this thread is nearly 4 years old
by ktreb / February 7, 2009 2:10 AM PST
In reply to: MP3

And a lot has changed in that time in regards to capacity, features, sound quality, and price. We're now looking at larger capacity flash players that are either the same price or even less expensive than than these 512 mb (yes, megabyte...not gigabyte) players were back in 2005.

I had gotten a Rio (can't remember the model) back in 2003 or 2004. It came with a paltry 64 mb of memory and I paid over $100 for it, then another $35 for a 128 mb SD card - luckily it had an SD card expansion slot.

On Black Friday 2008, I paid $37 (inc. tax) for a 4GB SanDisk Sansa Clip. An incredible deal for sure. But even at close to its normal retail ($80 but you can get it for less), it's a much better deal than what you can get in 2005.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.