Windows Legacy OS forum

I need help finding a wifi adapter driver

by Stomelleri / March 26, 2012 9:21 AM PDT

So I recently bought a iMicro wifi adapter from micro center (local computer store), and i mistakenly through away the driver CD. It is called an NT-IM2103, but on Micro Centers website it is listed as WF-2103. I cant find a driver for this anywhere. Could someone possibly give me the driver for it or is there some driver that works for every adapter?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I need help finding a wifi adapter driver
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I need help finding a wifi adapter driver
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
(NT) Also, it is not listed on imicros website
by Stomelleri / March 26, 2012 9:26 AM PDT
Collapse -
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 26, 2012 8:45 PM PDT

I had difficulty finding this product myself, but found it at the Micro Center under "WF-2103 150Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter" at

No driver download available and I can't even find the manufacturer to check their web site. So unless anyone else here can find it for you, it seems your only option is to go back to where you brought it and ask them for another CD.

Any chance that Windows XP will recognise this anyway and find the drivers itself? I doubt it but it is worth a try.

Collapse -
Got it to work
by softwarelurker / April 6, 2012 2:29 PM PDT

Had trouble like you so I put the stick into a Windows 7 computer and Windows was able to find drivers on the internet automatically and make it work. Unfortunately I wasn't able to install after copying over to a USB stick and then onto original XP computer. What I ended up doing is bringing original computer down next to the router and connecting to the internet with an ethernet cable directly between router and computer. Was able to get it to work by having XP automatically download the drivers although it did take a few minutes. Didn't even need to have the CD installed at all to get it to work. Ironic that I needed an internet connection so that I could get this computer to connect to the internet (wirelessly). Hope that helps you out.

Collapse -
NT-IM2103 / WF-2103 driver
by 3d0g / April 29, 2012 10:22 AM PDT

It's really a re-labeled Realtek RTL8188CU. Grab the drivers from Realtek.

Collapse -
many thanks
by lexdlar / May 4, 2012 1:37 PM PDT
Collapse -
Which one?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / May 4, 2012 10:56 PM PDT
In reply to: many thanks

There doesn't seem to be any there that fit this OP's requirements.

Collapse -
Try this one
by Brendokay / August 19, 2012 1:06 PM PDT
In reply to: Which one?

Hi Mark, I'm probably too late to help you, but in case anyone else may have the same issue -

I recently bought this adapter from MicroCenter on clearance, and it didn't come with a CD.

3d0g was right, this seems to be a re-branded Realtek product (no idea how he knew that!) Using the link provided by Lexdlar (thanks!) I tried the RTL8188 "SU" driver, didn't work. The one that did work for me was RTL8188 "CUS". There's also one called RTL8188 "RU" - I think it's a matter of seeing which one works for your exact product by trial and error.

The "CUS" subseries is what did it for me though. If it's not on the link provided above by Lexdlar, try the search feature on the left panel, and type in RTL8188, and then search for the "CUS" subseries "autoinstall" driver for your version of windows.

Collapse -
by BaluMILLENIUM / January 24, 2015 3:41 AM PST
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.