Audio & Video Software

Question

I MOVIE streaming settings

by hamishmac100 / November 9, 2012 5:37 AM PST

Hi there I was hoping to get some help on what may be a streaming/compression issue. I'm doing online videos with a Canon Legria HF M41 which is CMOS and not truly progressive.
They're basically guitar lessons and while they appear fine through iMovie and Quicktime and also on my You Tube channel, the strings appear broken, jagged, artifacty, dashed i.e. not right in other words, when I stream them from the server (Blue Host ) through to Acrobat X Pro documents. The size and quantity require streaming and not embedding.
I'm using iMovie (with Quicktime Pro export options) and exporting using Movie to Quicktime Movie.
The Options.. settings i've got are as follows :

Compression: H.264
Quality : High
Frame Rate: 30
Bite Rate: 128kbits/sec
Encoding mode: multi-pass
Dimensions: 960 + 540 (Current)
Deinterlace Source Video = Clicked on
The Prepare for Internet Streaming box is clicked and Fast Start is selected.
The Data Rate : automatic
Optimised for : Download.

I'm wondering if it should be set to Optimised for : Streaming . With some adjustments in the kbits/sec box ?
I think the problem seems to lie somewhere between my compression settings and Acrobat X Pro or do I need to be thinking about a video camera update.
Any help would be appreciated.

Signed
Out of my Depth!!!!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I MOVIE streaming settings
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I MOVIE streaming settings
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
The clue is.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 9, 2012 6:08 AM PST

The clue is "Acrobat X Pro documents."

A quick look at adobe forums finds folk asking this question. It's their product so it appears they need to fix it.
Bob

Collapse -
i movie
by hamishmac100 / November 13, 2012 5:23 AM PST
In reply to: The clue is.

Yep that's confirming my worst fears !!! thanks

Collapse -
Answer
Second idea. About the deinterlace.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 13, 2012 5:29 AM PST

The 540 line video seems odd to me but this could be PAL. But that's not my thought here. The deinterlace should be toggled off for a test run as each field is 1/50 second off in time and you might be better off with accepting the interlacing.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Magazine

The summer issue is here!

In the latest edition of our quarterly magazine, we look at how you can spend your summer getting fit and having fun. Pick up a copy on newsstands today or order it now.