Camcorders forum

General discussion

I'm also looking for a panasonic camcorder driver

by ksensenig / May 26, 2006 5:20 AM PDT

I've got the same problem; I've got a Panasonic PV-GS120, connect thru a firewire cable to my Windows XP system. The first time I connected it, i was able to import video into Windows Movie Maker, but now when I connect the camera, Movie maker tells me there in no device connected. Looking in my computer's harware profile, my camera shows up and says that there is no driver installed. I have heard that camcorders connected thru firewire do not need drivers. Is this true, or could my problem be because i don't have drivers installed? I have tried to find the driver all over the internet, i've contacted panasonic and they say they dont have the driver for download.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I'm also looking for a panasonic camcorder driver
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I'm also looking for a panasonic camcorder driver
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I am wondering if you have found a fix for the panasonic cam
by metafizx / May 28, 2006 4:08 AM PDT

I am wondering if you have found a fix for the panasonic camcorder. I to am having the same problem were i was able to transfer video via firewire and noew it no longer works.

I contacted microsoft they had no idea how to fix it, but then i seen an article on the microsoft KB That said they had a hot fix but they would not give it to me.

im on windows xp sp2

if you have the chance to answer this question that would be great thank you!

Collapse -
fix for panasonic camcorder drivers
by ksensenig / May 30, 2006 4:51 AM PDT

I still have not found a solution. I'v contacted Panasonic and asked if they had the driver available for download, and they said no. I am going to try reinstalling movie maker, if that doesnt work I might try reinstalling windows entirely. I know the driver has to be out there somewhere, it just seems impossible for me to get my hands on it. Good luck, and let me know if you find a solution; I will do the same. My email: ksensenig at

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.