Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

I lost the address bar on the int. explor browser home page

by chuckychez / January 8, 2005 1:36 AM PST

I lost the address bar on the comcast home page and tried to restart and that didn't help and checked off the address bar in view> toolbars and
still can't get the address bar back on , it just dissapered , I first noticed it when I clicked on my browser ... however I got the google toolbar back on but can't get the address bar on my browser back on ..

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I lost the address bar on the int. explor browser home page
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I lost the address bar on the int. explor browser home page
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try this
by Tufenuf / January 8, 2005 2:30 AM PST

chuckychez, Right click your Toolbar and unlock the Toolbars. Aside of the word Address you should see a verticle line, put your cursor(pointer) over that verticle line until it turns into a 2 sided arrow then hold your left mouse button down and drag either downwards or sidewards until your Address bar appears then release the left mouse button. You can then lock your Toolbars again.

Collapse -
by nickyholes / March 8, 2005 9:00 PM PST
In reply to: Try this

you wonderful wonderful man!!! all morning i have searched on google for an answer, they all said lock the address bar and the toolbar but not the bit about putting the cursor on the verticle line ect,well thanks to you i have done it!!! ive also signed up to be a member of whatever web site i am on to express my gratitude to you! lol, im off for a look about now to see what ive let myself in for,again thank you!!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) rickyholes; Glad to help & Thanks for the kind words
by Tufenuf / March 8, 2005 9:17 PM PST
In reply to: saviour!!!!!
Collapse -
Restored lost address tool bar
by planemech / May 28, 2006 9:53 AM PDT

Thank you for advice, fixed the problem in 10 seconds...Thanks again. Jen

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Jen, Glad to help.
by Tufenuf / May 28, 2006 1:00 PM PDT
Collapse -
Many Many Thanks
by turquois03 / March 20, 2013 9:12 AM PDT

I was very stressed and you made it so very easy. Kudos!!!

Collapse -
I lost the address bar on the int. explor browser home page
by kapil / January 8, 2005 5:27 PM PST

what u have to do is go to safe mode by keep tabing the f8 key on start up and when u see the icons open up any web page and go to view and check wether address bar is checked or not if not pleazz check then u will find the address bar and to create home page open up any web page and go to tools and click on internet options and click onj current page u r home page will be the same page so be sure when u type in the address..........

Collapse -
address bar:
by joemarv / March 10, 2005 10:35 PM PST

right click on a clean area of the area beneath the blue top of the internet explorer, same for netscape, same for firefox, etc., and click on address bar, and voila , there it will be.

Collapse -
by cdeanm / April 2, 2005 12:24 PM PST

Ihave Windows XP with Service Pack2. How can I remove the ISEARCH tool bar from my browser page tool bars at the top of the page? I have become very flustrated with it continually taking over my browser page, but have been unable to rid myself of it.Any suggestions.

Collapse -
by Tufenuf / April 2, 2005 12:49 PM PST
Collapse -
where is browser??
by kaylachopp / July 13, 2010 6:26 AM PDT

i dont see it

Collapse -
(NT) 2 - Click On the Internet Explorer Icon. There's the Browser
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / July 15, 2010 9:06 AM PDT
In reply to: where is browser??
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.