The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

I live, work and vote in Cuyahoga County, Ohio.

by christianboy65 / November 3, 2006 11:07 PM PST

I plan on voting in person on Tuesday. I'll be happy to give you a play by play of how it goes. I suspect that it will be smoother than feared, but we'll see.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I live, work and vote in Cuyahoga County, Ohio.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I live, work and vote in Cuyahoga County, Ohio.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I am pleased to report I voted without incident.
by christianboy65 / November 6, 2006 9:54 PM PST

Initially, there was a line, but someone came in and said we could use another precinct's machines so they moved some of us over. The Diebold machine worked quite well and created a paper record inside the machine which I reviewed through a plexiglas panel. There are no curtains where I vote, so physically tampering with the machine would have resulted in immediate attention. While crowded, the voting area was well staffed and there were plenty of eyes on everyone. While I'm sure there will be reports of problems, I can honestly say that everything ran smoothly at my voting site.

Collapse -
Fan Service Goodness.
by christianboy65 / November 7, 2006 11:07 PM PST

Ah, I am basking in the sweetness that is hearing Tom read my post this morning on the show. Even though he had trouble with my screen name (rhymes with "paid"), I was doing a fist pumping "Woooooooo!" as I drove to work listening to my iPod. I am such a dork. Thanks BOL for making my day.

Collapse -
by Joe Koskovics / November 8, 2006 1:08 AM PST

It's Cuyahoga County in the state of Ohio. Why would you expect anything less?

Collapse -
So funny
by Joe Koskovics / November 8, 2006 1:22 AM PST

This is way too funny. What could possibly have gone wrong? The county spent many many hours training their staff for this. It's something that needs to be noted as business-as-usual, not as a news bit of amazement.

Errors with voting come down to someone not understanding the ballot, their job, or the technology. All can be overcome by a radical concept. It's called Learning. Learning to work, and learning the technology. That has been done.

As for learning the ballot, that's the choice of the individual.

So again I ask...And?

Collapse -
Get over yourself already.
by gamegeek90 / November 8, 2006 1:28 AM PST
In reply to: So funny

Everyone knows Ohio was scene as a potential problem state because of e-voting issues. Thaed is reporting that it was no problem.

If you've been following the discussion regarding e-voting you know that the potential for error is very real and his post was a simple vote of confidence.

Let it go.

Collapse -
Never let quality go, even with e-voting
by Joe Koskovics / November 26, 2006 11:07 AM PST

The point evidently was missed. But that's alright.

Again, Let's keep in mind that the issue was over e-voting errors and mistakes. And very little was reported as to how Ohio worked very hard to overcome these issues. Ohioians can be proud to see their government work to preserve the dignity and rights for every vote to count.

And if we "let that go" then we become less than what we should be.

Unless you like "Chad"

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.