Laptops forum

General discussion

I just got a TV Tuner for my laptop...

by teknowhead / November 19, 2007 9:21 AM PST

Just got an HP ExpressCard Digital/Analog TV Tuner for Windows Vista and when I go to Live tv in Media Center it keeps telling me I have no tv signal...What exactly do I need...I connected a TV Antenna to it to see if it rids the problem but still no luck...I connected the antenna it comes with and it still gives me the same error message...Can someone please tell what it is I need or need to do...Thanx in Advanced...Just in Case, My specs are:

HP Pavilion Laptop dv6000
Windows Vista Home Premium
2048 MB RAM
256 MB Nvidia GeForce 7150m
AMD Turion 64 X2 processor

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I just got a TV Tuner for my laptop...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I just got a TV Tuner for my laptop...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
HP ExpressCard Digital/Analog TV Tuner
by dreamwks / November 25, 2007 8:26 AM PST

Just wanted to help you, I have the same HP laptop got it a few weeks ago, but with an Intel Duo specs. You should use a cable connection instead of the antenna that came with it. I didn't have much luck with the antenna also. ( It might work if you live in a major city).

1) Also use HP Quickplay much better,2) Download the latest drivers from HP's website, actually I did this for all the hardware on the laptop after deleting the bloatware. Finally, 3) Update the Quickplay software as well with the update included on the software.

Enjoy your HD TV!

Collapse -
HP TV tuner card troubles
by CuTop / March 22, 2008 1:51 AM PDT

I also have a new HP laptop with the intel duo setup. It is an HP6500. I got the TV tuner card with my computer. I'm not having any luck getting the tuner card to work. When I plug the TV tuner card into the laptop, there is nothing - no lights, no recognition of the card by the computer. I am also using the antenna but shouldn't there be some evidence that the card is working even if a good signal can't be brought in by the antenna?

Thanks for the help! I'm not savvy with this kind of stuff so am not sure how to proceed with the troubleshooting.

Collapse -
HD tv?
by abdoak / June 5, 2008 8:33 PM PDT

just wanted to ask if i can sue my laptop with the HP ExpressCard Digital/Analog TV Tuner as a HD tv. i just ordered the dv9700

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo Processor T8300 (2.40GHz)
Display 17.0" diagonal WXGA+ High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1440 x 900)
3GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Graphics Card 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS
Hard Drive 240GB 7200RPM SATA Dual Hard Drive
HP ExpressCard Digital/Analog TV Tuner edit

so i was just wondering if i can connect my ps3 to it as sum games only work on HD. plz dont tell me that i have to buy a new tv!

Collapse -
Most lawyers will accept the case with prepayment of fees
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 5, 2008 11:24 PM PDT
In reply to: HD tv?

But if you meant use it, then check the products "system requirements."

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Forums

Looking for tech help?

Whether you’re looking for dependable tech advice or offering helpful tricks, join the conversation in our forums.