Spyware, Viruses, & Security

Question

i have people remotely accessing my pc-i got mac addresses!

by karinwrape / September 22, 2013 9:28 AM PDT

I KNOW someone is remote accessing my pc, everything on my pc gets sent to a fax and xml document writer that I do NOT own and someone has paired devices with my cell phone too...I get remote addresses and device names, but how do I identify who owns these things? the stuff paired with my cell, there are 2 devices, one is a LG P509 mobile phone with a mac address of 5C:17:D3:40:CO:DE and the other device is a chromebook with a mac address of 5C:F8:A1:66:D5- I don't even know WHAT a chromebook looks like-much less who owns it or why they have paired with my cell phone, but I am very interested in finding out who owns these things- and most of all, I want to know who owns the fax machine and printer all my stuff is getting spooled to. is there any way to find this out? I have just bought a new pc and gotten verison, but am worried about opening it up and them getting into my new pc as 'trusted installer, as they have with this device, the only thing ever attached itself to my pc was my apartment building owner's wireless network 'TROUTFISHING IN AMERICA'- I tried to get Comcast wired Ethernet internet,and tried keeping these creeps out, but I cannot remove them from my system,even by disabling wireless, they have these trusted installer certificates they use to access my system, through VeriSign, COMODO, godaddy etc. they are very interested in everything I write on my pc as a bunch of it is about my apt. owner, AND I HAVE CAUGHT THEM CUTTING INTO OTHER SERVICES... what I am sending out are mainly complaints to Comcast,BBB and FTC and they are definitely altering my emails, with some kind of 'MAN IN THE MIDDLE' attack I get remote addresses on my performance monitor every time I turn pc on, somebody please tell me of some way I can identify who owns the fax machine and document writer where my stuff is being sent to- from the .dll files I have been able to open with my notepad on 'edit' it looks like they have been doing this remote accessing and masking of their identity since at least 2009- the files were produced LONG before my pc was made and they are literally in the registry at boot, I have seen snapshots of my bank and paypal statements and know they have seen every single keystroke I have ever made, I see key file and cryptographic operations in event logs, they change my pc from a home pc to a workgroup and make administrative changes all the time, I have even seen when they added a new user, password and answer to the secret question and enabled themselves to join some globally enabled group of some kind. it seems I am NOT the owner of this pc, I am merely an administrator, but NOT the one with the special permission, I do not have permission to deny them access it seems I find they are making firewall exceptions for themselves and have even seen 'user being deleted from the registry'- I thought the USER deleted stuff FROM the registry, not the other way around. I see things in my event viewer that say the remote action adapter has invoked some kind of action, with a domain name of (CCC.exe) and a public key token 90ba9c70f846762e I am sure all these things are originating by someone IN THIS BUILDING- I JUST NEED TO KNOW-ARE THEY IN THE UNITS TO MY LEFT, OR THE ONES BELOW-I FIND THAT FAX OWNER-I HAVE MY HACKER, I NEED TO LOCATE THIS MACHINE,PLEASE TELL ME THEWRE IS SOME WAY TO IDENTIFY WHO THIS ADDRESS IS- 33.13.66.49 THAT IS WHO IS CURRENTLY REMOTELY ACCESSING MY MACHINE RIGHT NOW. I do not want them niggering up my new equipment and I need to stop this from happening to others here, if they are hacking into my machine, I am sure I am NOT the only one they are doing this to, please help, Karin wrape. anyone who can help, is welcome to call me!

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove some personal information on 08/04/2014 at 10:36 AM PT

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: i have people remotely accessing my pc-i got mac addresses!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: i have people remotely accessing my pc-i got mac addresses!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
I hope you get somebody to read all that.
by volvogirl / September 22, 2013 9:44 AM PDT

You should break it up to make it easier to read. Also you should never post any personal info on a public user to user forum or you will get spammed. Especially since you are worried about people hacking into your stuff. You need to edit your post and take out your name, phone # and all names, etc. Good luck.

Collapse -
spammers? really???
by karinwrape / September 22, 2013 2:58 PM PDT

did you not get i have people in my apartment building doing a man in the middle attack on me? spammers would be joy after seeing everything in your pc getting sent to a fax machine and document writer you do not own- i refuse to remove ANYTHING. this is deliberate invasion by another in this small community and i will not just take my invasion like a man-i will do everything in my power to keep these white ******* from doing this to other residents-if i can, i have been driven to the point of suicide by these invasions, and they are something they have gone to great lengths to continue doing to me and i will be damned if i will just pretend i do not see it,and allow it to continue, as i said before, i doubt if i am the only one they have invaded in this manner. they are sneaks and closet jackers, the kind of people who can remotely turn a webcam on, maybe while you or your kids are getting dressed, you may find pictures of someone you know on unsavory sites because of the ethics of these people. ME-i have no shame, i am not a sneak or a liar and there is a new unknown user just appeared today... so all the contact info STAYS!!! hopefully, someone WILL read this and help me protect my community from these creeps, would you want people you do not know pairing with YOUR cellphone or making administrative changes in YOUR pc and sending it all to some device you do not own??? i don't like it one bit. i will do all i can to find the owner of the fax machine and the paired devices-THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING. karin wrape.

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove some personal information on 08/04/2014 at 10:37 AM PT

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
If you are that worried
by James Denison / September 22, 2013 3:04 PM PDT

download a Linux bootable full system that can be burned to DVD, or order one from some reputable placed like Osdisc. They are "read only" and nobody can permanently install anything on them, such as a trojan, virus, etc. Each time you boot from the DVD, it's like a fresh new system. You just have to save files to another drive, which can be USB enclosed and only plugged in and used when you want to copy something to it.

Collapse -
i am asking for help identifying the owners of these devices
by karinwrape / September 23, 2013 7:01 AM PDT

I need to find out how to identify who owns the fax machine and document writer that is attached to me and who owns these devices paired with my cell

Collapse -
Re: 33.13.66.49
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 23, 2013 7:22 AM PDT

- Sorry to see that IP-address.
http://whois.domaintools.com/33.13.66.49 tells me it's the US Department of Defense.
- Pairing Bluetooth can only be done by bringing two devices in near physical contact, not remotely.
- A Mac-address identifies a device, but there's no central registration of where such a device is located.

I like James' idea of running Linux. It's practically intruder-proof, and a daily reboot makes it as new and private as you can wish, even if somebody intruded during the day.

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
You'll have to hire someone to find them.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 23, 2013 7:16 AM PDT
http://krebsonsecurity.com/ notes how to have a safer PC but you admit you need help. It's time to go hire them.

I strongly suggest you move off the smart phone and then get your hired help to remove those problems.
Bob
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.