Windows Legacy OS forum

Alert

I'd like to direct my recent post as SOLVED .. but

by jepoore / April 4, 2012 12:22 AM PDT

This is the 2nd forum I find it very hard to see how to designate a post as SOLVED. I certainly apprectiate when help comes and I feel it's on ly inkind to let folks know how you solved it. I've posted my solution but even as in the other forums I posted it, I cannot see where to mark it as solved. Surely someone is going to make me look like a butt, tell me it's out there in plain sight. Well if so go ahead, you have my permission becuase I'd like folks to know there is one. Where is this option? Thanks, jack

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I'd like to direct my recent post as SOLVED .. but
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I'd like to direct my recent post as SOLVED .. but
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
This forum doesn't have that checkbox.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 4, 2012 1:44 AM PDT
Collapse -
RE: Posting RESOLVED issue
by jepoore / April 4, 2012 2:32 AM PDT

That was my post. So here's where I got the idea there was a SOLVED option.

Take a look at the icons below and there is an icon for RESOLVED QUESTION ??

So maybe that's a bit misleading. Thanks for you reply and I am thankful for the help I receive. jack

Collapse -
I think there is some icons for the discussion type.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 4, 2012 2:38 AM PDT

Question, Tip, etc. But the only new thing is where the member can pick "best answer". But so far if there is a solved checkbox or icon, I haven't seen it.

To dive into why the forum is so odd is a discussion about how they wanted it to blend with the CNET content.

Bob

Collapse -
Got it!
by jepoore / April 4, 2012 2:43 AM PDT

Bob I thank you for the replies and answers. If this is not a good post, obviously, as Moderator please delete it. I was just frustrated, but to a good purpose, I wanted to give credit, possibly when a member read my problem and saw it SOLVED, would be able to go directly and see it. I understand you have the contraints that are there. Again, thanks, I am no trouble maker. I just wanted to be helpful. Please delete this if you think it has no value but to me! ":-D Now g'day!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.