Computer Help forum

Resolved Question

I cant go on Youtube, Ebay, Etc.

by nightvamp / February 2, 2013 8:21 AM PST

Hello i wanted to go on youtube today, and it kept telling me that iam blocked from watching youtube and this is what would pop up:

i dont know what to do can someone please help me?

nightvamp has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I cant go on Youtube, Ebay, Etc.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I cant go on Youtube, Ebay, Etc.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by nightvamp

Collapse -
Looks Like Malware To Me
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / February 2, 2013 9:20 AM PST

I've not seen anything like the item you're referring to.. IN certain countries, China, Pakistan, etc., Youtube can be blocked but it generally doesn't show up like that. In addition, clicking on ANY survey link as mentioned in your screenshot is not suggested. So...please clean out all your Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, etc., then follow the steps below:

If you can download the tools listed below on the problem computer, great, but you may need to use a separate, clean computer, download the tools, copy them to a DIFFERENT flash drive or CD, then transfer them to the infected computer.

Once that's done, then restart the computer into "Safe Mode with Networking" and use the instructions below. If you can't start in Safe Mode, then run all the tools while in "normal" Windows first, then run them in Safe Mode afterward.:

After downloading or transferring it to the problem machine, run the
following tool to help allow the removal programs below to run.
(courtesy of Grinler at are 3 different
versions. If one of them won't run then try to run the other one. Be
patient.... as a black window should open, then close after finding all
the background programs.Vista and Win7 users need to right click and choose Run as AdminYou only need to get one of them to run, not all of them.

IMMEDIATELY after running the "Rkill" tool above, run/install the Malwarebytes and
SuperAntispyware installer and update files from the links below which
you've also copied to a CD or flash drive, and transfered to the problem
machine. Do NOT restart the computer after running Rkill. After that, run a full system scan
and delete anything it finds.

Malwarebytes Installer Download Link (Clicking on the links below will immediately start the download dialogue window.)

Next, install and run a full system scan with the SuperAntispyware program
and the manual updater from the links below. As before, you may need to
rename the installer file to get the program to install.:

Manual Update

And after that, if everything's fine by you can't connect to the internet,
then follow the procedures below to check your network "proxy" settings
again.Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools-Internet
Options-Connection Tab. Click on the LAN settings button. IF there is a
check mark next to "Use a proxy server for your LAN", uncheck it. Click
OK. Then OK, again.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -
Tried something
by nightvamp / February 2, 2013 12:11 PM PST

Ok before i did your thing, i wanted to try a anti-virus scan, and so i did and it actually found a trojan virus, so i quarentied it and i removed it, but it didnt work, so i then i used a proxy ip just to see if it worked, and it did worked! so is it possible its a ip problem? idk what else it could be.

Collapse -
(NT) And You Followed The Proxy Fix From My Post?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / February 4, 2013 5:19 AM PST
In reply to: Tried something
Collapse -
Did Everything
by nightvamp / February 5, 2013 7:38 AM PST

Ok so i did all that but it didnt work, unless i did something wrong, but it still telling me that iam blocked from the websites Sad

Collapse -
And Which Country Are You Located?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / February 6, 2013 2:35 AM PST
In reply to: Did Everything

And YES, it could be an IP address problem but unfortunately, you've not told us anything about the specifics of your location, your type of internet connection, etc. If you're using a laptop computer, have you tried connecting at a different location and does it connect correctly? Did the scans with Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware find any malware? We need more clues...

Try another scanner such as the free Hitman Pro at the link below:

Tried a different browser such as the free Firefox at the link below?:

Hope this helps and let us know more.

Collapse -
My Stats
by nightvamp / February 6, 2013 4:17 PM PST

Iam from the United States, and i was able to go it like a week ago, my Service Provider wont do anything about it, and ive tried all of that, tried firefox, internet explorer and they all do the same thing, so idk what else to do

Collapse -
by nightvamp / February 6, 2013 4:49 PM PST
In reply to: My Stats

Collapse -
(NT) Good Job & Thanks For Posting Back !
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / February 7, 2013 9:15 AM PST
In reply to: IT WORKED!!!!
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.