Computer Help

Question

I cannot download anything from IE or firefox.

by hatescomputers / June 30, 2011 4:24 AM PDT

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium on a Toshibe laptop (~2 years old). Everything was working fine until a few months ago when I stopped being able to download anything from the internet. I click download - everything proceeds normally (I can save file or run). The item shows up in the downloads window but I cannot double click it to open it and I cannot find it anywhere in my files - it just dissappears. It's the same problem for both IE and Firefox.
I do not have conflicting anti-virus software - I removed AVG with the proper AVG Removal Tool and now only have Malwarebytes. I have tried lowering IE security, resetting IE settings, checking temporary files, etc. I am at a loss...
I did check similar threads but none of those suggestions worked,

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I cannot download anything from IE or firefox.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I cannot download anything from IE or firefox.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
First ...
by Edward ODaniel / June 30, 2011 5:37 AM PDT

You said " I removed AVG with the proper AVG Removal Tool and now only have Malwarebytes"

MalwareBytes is NOT an Anti-Virus (AVG was) so what are you using for your anti-Virus application now?

It is possible that you have downloaded the files but the location you downloaded them to is hidden and your account does not have permissions that allow you access.

Try this - insert a USB flash drive and try to download a file direct to the Flash Drive. Does it show up?

Search for the downloaded file using the command prompt (since you are using Vista use an elevated command prompt). You will need to know the file name and the drive you saved it to. Now type these commands in bold text, substituting the correct drive letter for C: if necessary -
CD \ (this changes to the root of the current drive)
C: (this changes to the C: drive if it wasn't already the root drive)
DIR downloaded-filename.exe /A:H /S (substitute the actual file name of the file you are looking for and if it is hidden it will list it along with the full path to the file)

That will give you a listing similar to the following with the path to the file shown here in bold -

E:\>dir produkey.exe /A:H /S
Volume in drive E is E_drive
Volume Serial Number is C439-9D01

Directory of C:\Downloads\XP_KeyFinder\ProduKey
08-Mar-08 20:34 33,792 ProduKey.exe
1 File(s) 33,792 bytes
Total Files Listed:
1 File(s) 33,792 bytes
0 Dir(s) 8,951,773,184 bytes free

If you can find the file(s) this way let us know and we can offer guidance to unhiding them.

Collapse -
Some success with command prompt but where do I go from here
by hatescomputers / June 30, 2011 9:04 AM PDT
In reply to: First ...

I guess at the moment I have no Anti-Virus program. I deleted AVG because I found posts of people having trouble downloading after installing AVG so I wanted to see if deleting it would solve my problems... Should I re-install it?

At the moment, I cannot download anything from IE. There's a little pop-up at the bottom of the screen that checks every download for viruses - and everything comes back as unsafe and will not download. Even the Windows Live OneCare Safety Scanner wont download - it shows up as virus detected. I tried fiddling with all the IE settings- lowering security, resetting the settings, allowing download, etc. but still no luck. This only started happening as of IE 8 (I think I'm on IE 9 now) but even before this hyper-sensitive virus detector I wasn't able to download.

On Mozilla, I can click download. I can save file - it doesn't give me the option of choosing where to download to. It shows up on the "Downloads" window but I cannot double-click to open or right-click and select open from the menu.

I am the only user on this computer and my account is Admin but how would I know if I don't have access?

I did the command prompt you suggested and got back:
Volume in Drive C is
Volume Serial Number is
with a jarbble of codes after is.
I didn't get the Directory bit that you showed though....

What should I do now?

Thanks so much for helping by the way. I'm fairly computer illiterate (had to google how to command prompt even).

Collapse -
Don't understand "jarbble" nor ...

"I didn't get the directory bit ..."

The COMMANDS to use were spelled out for you and SHOWN IN BOLDED TEXT (except for the actual file name which you need to supply as I do not know the files you downloaded and can't find) so you either used the commands and switches and got some result or you didn't use the commands and thus got nothing from the command. We need what the commands results showed.

Read the following post by Griff Thomas and take the actions he mentions. Since you are not finding your downloads you will need to download the files on another computer and take them to the problem computer on either a flash drive or a CD.
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6122_102-384274.html#message3254832

Next perform an online virus scan. Here are links to a couple:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/solutions/activescan/
http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner

After performing all the steps Griff recommends in that post you need to download and install an Anti-Virus and if you don't want AVG again you can easily use AVAST or Avira Anti-Vir

Collapse -
stll no luck!
by hatescomputers / July 2, 2011 10:28 AM PDT

I did the command prompt again and it still says
Volume in Drive C is __________
Volume Serial Number is __________
But what I didn't notice before is that is also says that the file cannot be found underneath those lines.

I read the post by Griff and followed all the instructions. I have also re-installed AVG.

Still completely unable to download anything - IE still showing every attempted download as unsafe and Mozilla downloads still just dissapearing.

Interestingly, the second two online scanners you recommended downloaded on IE without a problem... The Windows Live OneCare Safety Scanner still wont download (says msert.exe contained a virus and was deleted on IE, dissappears on Mozilla). I also couldn't download anything else - I transferred it with a flash stick.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Delete previous AVG Version Folders In C:\Program Files\AVG
by Kobielusz / January 4, 2012 9:31 PM PST

I know this is an old thread, but the issue is so frustrating and hopefully as simple as this solution to fix for you and worthy of at least attempting before you fall down the rabbit hole too far. I just stumbled across the solution to this issue buried in the thread below and after all the trouble everyone seems to go through to rid themselves of this problem, it can be resolved simply by deleting the folders of previous versions of AVG from C:\Program Files\AVG. Example: C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10
Please save yourself some time and at least attempt to delete the previous versions folder first before you attempt any scans, IE resets, system restores, or any of the other suggestions out there at the moment.
Huge thank you to reecei in the following link for providing the simple fix!
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/ieitprocurrentver/thread/c888dbaf-cd4a-40a2-a75a-6927c7d2844c
I sincerely hope it works for anyone reading this as well.

Collapse -
That was easy!
by chriscan1962 / February 8, 2012 8:02 AM PST

wow, even without rebooting - not mention all the space recover from the harddrive (for me >125 MB). Thanks!!!

Collapse -
contained a virus download deleted
by dgetch / January 30, 2013 10:05 AM PST

thanks this was driving me nuts! deleted all avg files and folders (this was after using avg uninstall program) and now all works fine!

Collapse -
Answer
I have solved it
by leomartintsa / May 17, 2013 12:47 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.