Computer Help

Question

i can't open my securtiy packages?

by Robmunr / December 3, 2012 1:06 AM PST

Hello All,

My problem is this, i have IOBIT's advance systemcare with anti-virus and also Malwarebytes.

For some reason i can't open them i this messge -
C:\program files (x86) \iobit\advancedsystemcare with antivirus 2013\ASC.exe

The requested file is in use.

The same happens with Mawarebytes, i've tried uninstalling them and reinstalling them, neither does the trick... it feels they are locked in and i can't get at them. has anyone else had this problem?

Rob

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: i can't open my securtiy packages?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: i can't open my securtiy packages?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Actually there is malware that causes that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2012 1:14 AM PST
Collapse -
Thank you
by Robmunr / December 3, 2012 2:03 AM PST

Hi there
thanks for the help, I'll try and follow those instructions, if all fails do you think performing a system restore would work?
yours
rob

Collapse -
Depends on the cause.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2012 2:06 AM PST
In reply to: Thank you

Some of these are not removed with Windows System Restore. In one case we had to restore the system to it's factory condition because there was no Windows 7 DVD to work with,. It's a nasty one for sure and still on the rare side.
Bob

Collapse -
no can do
by Robmunr / December 3, 2012 3:33 AM PST
In reply to: Depends on the cause.

Hi,

I've tried, but it wont let me. i try to run the rkill as admin, but it keeps saying that the requested resource is in use.
It also wont let me do a system restore.

Collapse -
I need you to be more verbose.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2012 3:40 AM PST
In reply to: no can do

Such as revealing if you used SAFE MODE and followed Grif's notes or not.

Some folk try it with the infected PC and fail. Sometimes SAFE MODE is good enough to start the cleanup.

-> Google this if you can't work on the PC. "Free bootable antivirus list"

Armed with those (and again, we create those on a working PC) I can boot up and scan for pests.

-> BEFORE ALL THIS, save your stuff. How? Read:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

Bob

Collapse -
okay will do
by Robmunr / December 3, 2012 3:43 AM PST

where do i get the windows 7 installation disc from
rob

Collapse -
Never wrote about such.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2012 3:46 AM PST
In reply to: okay will do

I make them from the PC when I get the PC. Some folk opt out and have to order them.

Collapse -
sorry
by Robmunr / December 3, 2012 4:16 AM PST

I didn't use safe mode, i downloaded the software from the grif link onto a friendly pc i put the software onto a usb stick, i tired the RKill on the friendly pc and it worked fine. i then tried it on the effected pc i got the message

C\Users|mynamedesktop\rkill.exe

The requested resource is in use.

i have also tried it using a disc.

Collapse -
So no safe mode testing?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2012 4:26 AM PST
In reply to: sorry

I hope you are trying this before you post you didn't try it. It's a common thing to try.

Also there are 3 versions to try to get around the pest
Bob

Collapse -
update
by Robmunr / December 3, 2012 4:29 AM PST

i've just started safe mode and ran the Rkill which as just created a notepad record
I've just install the malware and antispyware in the links provides, they are now scanning my laptop.
do you think it would be okay to also use other security software like Iobits advance system care i hae the pro version with anitvirus.
rob

Collapse -
There's a name I can't write nice about.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2012 4:33 AM PST
In reply to: update

Sorry, but it's registry cleaner has me with nothing nice to write so I'll not write more.
Bob

Collapse -
sorry
by Robmunr / December 3, 2012 4:35 AM PST

i don't understand your reply?
rob

Collapse -
Registry cleaners are snake oil - avoid them
by wpgwpg / December 3, 2012 4:38 AM PST

Don't use registry cleaners. They are totally unneeded, they don't help anything and they can cause problems. Back in the Windows 95/98 days they made sense, but starting with XP, the handling of the registry has been reprogrammed, eliminating the need for these. They delete entries that're there for future use, then later when updates come along that depend on them, BANG, you've got problems.

Collapse -
DAMN!
by Robmunr / December 3, 2012 4:42 AM PST

To late when it comes to ASC, but thanks for the tip, maybe that's why i can't update my ASC antivirus on my notebook. i didn't mean to upset Bob though.
rob

Collapse -
I'm not upset.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2012 4:47 AM PST
In reply to: DAMN!

I'm just biting my tongue so to speak (or write.)

For me, folk show me their troubles and I've lost count of registry cleaners that create issues rather than fix them.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.