PC Applications forum

Alert

I can't install Tune Up Utilities 2012

by oltem / May 22, 2012 11:26 PM PDT

I have uninstalled Tune Up Utilities 2012 on a wrong way I think:

First I uninstall Tune Up Utilities 2012 with Advanced system Care Uninstaller but It wouldn't uninstall so i have did a powerful scan with ASC Uninstaller and he deleted all the files.

Then I saw that my Tune Up Utilities was still busy so I tried a lot to shut it down and finally it was shutdown but i thought that there was more in the register so i went to the register and was looking for all the keys with the name Tune Up Utilities and deleted them.

Then I downloaded a newer version of Tune Up Utilities 2012 and I opened it but it asked to delete the old one, I thought that isn't possible because there no other one anymore but I pressed Yes and then then it says:

There is an attempt to read the file a network error occurred:
C:\Windows\Installer\{D3742F82-1C1A-4DCC-ABBD-0E831C0185CC}.msi

So I did go to that path but couldn't find the map or file.

Help me with this please! I need my Tune Up Utilities Back.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I can't install Tune Up Utilities 2012
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I can't install Tune Up Utilities 2012
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
And if you say No in stead of Yes?
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 22, 2012 11:44 PM PDT

Apparently, by the way, that uninstaller isn't so powerful. Next time, try uninstalling the normal way, from Control Panel. And be sure the program doesn't run if you try to uninstall it, so do it in Safe Mode.

Are you sure you need Tune Up Utilities? What do you do with it?

Kees

Collapse -
RE: And if you say No in stead of Yes?
by oltem / May 23, 2012 4:18 AM PDT

I tried to click no but the only thing that happened is that it close -.-

I think you don't understand the part that there is no uninstall information in the register and the windows map and I miss the {D3742F82-1C1A-4DCC-ABBD-0E831C0185CC}.msi file to uninstall Tune Up Utilities.

I use Tune Up Utilities to keep my pc speed high.
I tried some other programs like: Advance System Care and Microsoft register booster ect.
But Tune Up Utilities work some better and has some more Utilities then them like: Disable programs and Autorun programs, change login screen and more...

Collapse -
Link, comment.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 23, 2012 4:26 AM PDT
Collapse -
coincidence
by datarecovery2012 / May 27, 2012 6:39 PM PDT

it seems that this question was frequently come up with.

Collapse -
Malicious program
by Bryan_G / October 6, 2012 2:57 PM PDT

cnet should be sued for distributing this trash program. There was a time way back, when cnet was trustworthy. Over the years I've watched them go downhill, anything for money with no care for the customer/user.

I've seen this program damage many computers by screwing up the registry and to top it off, it cannot be uninstalled by any normal means, in fact right now I have a computer that I just can't uninstall it from.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.