Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

i can't get my pictures to open. Please help.

by mellie03 / March 25, 2009 11:29 PM PDT

Hello. I have a disc that i burned pictures to. Some of the pictures open without a problem. But alot of them will not open with any of the programs that i have. The error message that i get is "could not complete your request because an unknown or invalid JPEG marker type is found".

I am trying to find a program that will help me open these pictures so that i can get them back on my computer and burn them to a new disc.

Shortly after i burned the disc, and before i realised there was a problem with the disc, my computer crashed out on me and we lost everything.

These are pictures from when my son was first born, and from my daughters 1st birthday. So they are very important to me. Does anyone know of a program that i can use or have any suggestions on what i should do to try to save these pictures?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Melanie

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: i can't get my pictures to open. Please help.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: i can't get my pictures to open. Please help.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try a few other titles.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 26, 2009 12:13 AM PDT

After you copy the files from CD to your hard disk folder, look up these titles and see if they do better.

IRFANVIEW
VLC PLAYER

Collapse -
thank you
by mellie03 / March 26, 2009 1:29 AM PDT

Thank you for your tips. I downloaded the irfanview and tried to open one of the pictures. It wouldn't open. The error message that i got was "cannot read file header. Unknown file type or file not found."

Any ideas?

Collapse -
Then try the other.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 26, 2009 8:09 AM PDT
In reply to: thank you
Collapse -
Thanks again.
by mellie03 / March 26, 2009 9:20 AM PDT
In reply to: Then try the other.

Thank you so much! I'm going to call them! Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.