This morning, when conducting some other tests i realized that in fact if i try to send very small size files (10 ko, 20 ko up to around 50 ko) YAHOO as HOTMAIL will attach them
it's when i try larger than 50 ko size files that those webmails keep loading without end and fail to attach...
And i can't say it's due to my internet connection cause i borrowed the 3G simcard of a friend of myne and i put it in my laptop...the problem remains.
But when i use his computer (with that same simcard) and that i access YAHOO and HOTMAIL, then i can attach any size of files !!!
So it seems the problem is localised inside my computer...
I lately scanned again extensively my computer for other malware files which could cause the problem but nothing was detected...
i'm running windows 7 with a HP PAVILION DV6-1330 laptop bought last year...i have a fair internet connexion (3G)
I am absolutely desperate cause since 4 days i cannot attach any file to my emails wether it is under yahoo mail or hotmail !!! Nothing new i have installed lately that could explain this problem
Im accessing those usual mail platforms through the webmail adress (yahoo.com and hotmail.com) and NOT through Windows Live Mail which i don't like much by the way (i don't use Outlook neither)
i can download and read attachements people send me but when it comes for me to attach documents in my emails, it loads forever and actually never attach anything. I have to say i can send emails without attachments though
Also the documents i tried to send are very light photos or word documents (under 100 or 200 ko usually) so size is not an issue here
i went through so many help forums trying to find a solution in other people's posts but i failed...i tried everything :
1) i have kasperky anti virus updated so i scanned my system many time in search of viruses...nothing !
2) the windows firewall is not activated
3) i came back to YAHOO CLASSIC and back again to Yahoo NEW MAIL , it doesn't help in neither
4) i installed C.CLEANER and cleaned my whole system (delete cache, cookies, check and repair registry etc...) then restarted the computer
5) i tried to attach various light documents on both yahoo and hotmail and of both Firefox 3.6 and Internet explorer 8
6) i desactivated Windows defender thinking it could be the cause and even tried to desactivate the Kaspersky's mail control tool for 10 minutes...
7) Windows critical update have been executed
None of those have allowed me to be able to send attachments again !
i even tried to restore windows system to an earlier date just to realize the formest date it proposed me was 2 days ago...when my email attachment problem appeared 4 days back..so didn't do it
The only indication i got after all those tests is that this problem comes from my computer cause i tried from a friend's computer today with my internet connection and then i was able to attach files on both my yahoo and hotmail.com email accounts
Thanx for your help cause at this point i'm really desperate and i don't want to reach the painful point where i have to reinstall windows...
HP PAVILION DV6-1330
KASPERSKY ANTI-VIRUS 2010