Phones

Resolved Question

I can not transfer my photos or videos on New Pc Suite

by comput31 / May 7, 2012 10:04 AM PDT

HI I have a Samsung cell phone question. You see I downloaded the New pc suite software witch is free from the Samsung website it is used for transferring pictures and videos from your cell phone to your pc. However now I am having a small issue I tried uninstalling the new pc suite software from my computer because it said I did not have flash.osc file was missing so I downloaded flash again and yes I reinstalled NPS on my computer again this time it seemed to work fine. This time however when I hooked my cell phone to my computer a message came up saying that my cell phone was unregistered. What I would like to now is what does this mean does this mean I can no longer download my photos off my cell phone any more.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I can not transfer my photos or videos on New Pc Suite
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I can not transfer my photos or videos on New Pc Suite
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
I cannot transfer my pictures from my cell phone
by comput31 / May 17, 2012 11:06 AM PDT

HI I do not have another pc to try this out on to see if it is a problem with my pc. I started having this problem when I deleted some files by accident. So I am just wondering can deleting data files out of my profile folder on my computer make nps not work on my computer now.

Collapse -
Then the next stop looks to be the repair counter.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 17, 2012 11:09 AM PDT

It's a shame no one will test this out for you.

All Answers

Best Answer as chosen by comput31

Collapse -
Some things you can try
by Pepe7 / May 7, 2012 1:09 PM PDT

Sometimes turning off UAC in Vista can help. Then run the PC Suite software. YMMV.

Also try placing the Samsung in different USB modes. One is specific to the (crappy) Samsung PC suite. This is known to be problematic, FWIW. Another mode lets you browse the contents of the microSD card inserted into the phone. If you can transfer your photos there, that would be a way to access such content.

Third way (my favorite) is to make sure you default location for saving photos taken with the handset camera is the microSD card. Remove the aforementioned card and use a simple $5 USB card reader to copy/view on your PC. None of the lousy PC Suite software is needed, and you can use it on a Mac too ;).

Let us know how it goes. Again, the PC Suite software is a crapshoot at best. Don't expect that part to be easy to deal with IME and O.

Collapse -
I cannot transfer my photos or videos into New pc Studio
by comput31 / May 7, 2012 6:22 PM PDT

HI I tried the above stuff like disabling the UAC and I reinstalled the Nps software again on my desktop computer. I had no success at all when I connect my mobile phone to the transfer cable to my phone and then the usb slot in the front of my computer and then go into New pc Studio then the phone icon in the corner acts like it is connecting to my phone but instead it says that my phone is unregistered phone and it wants me to click on the phone icon in the corner to search for blue tooth connection. The driver icon is on my lower task bar and it says when I hover over it that my device driver are ready to use.

Collapse -
I see the PC is creating trouble for folk as ...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 8, 2012 12:42 AM PDT

As Adobe stumbles around with Flash that folk have trouble installing some folk are getting upset about the PC in general. Many thought these sort of issues should not require arcane steps but given how one PC is unlike the next you can never be sure that some "protection" is stopping this from working.

Just last week I encountered more than 3 ways for copy/paste to stop working. These also can interfere with your goals here.

Here's the bottom line. Given only what we have here, a simple clear instruction on how to fix may not be possible. Unless we say 'find a guru.'

My question is, 'has the time come for a new system?' That is, given how many have troubles with Windows, is it time to move on?
Bob

Collapse -
I cannot transfer photos or video from my cell phone to NPS
by comput31 / May 9, 2012 5:47 PM PDT

HI When I connect my transfer cable to my computer and then to my Samsung phone then when I go into New Pc Studio everything comes up fine like the phone icon in the corner saying that pc Studio is trying to connect with my cell phone but then another message comes up really fast saying that my cell phone is an unregistered model. Then another message comes up saying that pc Studio cannot connect to my cell phone for me to reconnect my cell phone in order to proceed.

Collapse -
My answer is no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 10, 2012 1:11 AM PDT
Collapse -
Udate on problem transfering photos and videos from my phone
by comput31 / May 14, 2012 3:38 PM PDT
In reply to: My answer is no.

HI I just thought I should post an update on how I am making out with using new pc Studio on my Windows Vista computer. I have downloaded and uninstalled nps from my computer several times I cannot as of yet get NPS to connect my Samsung phone in NPS yet. a few weeks ago I found out I had a virus on my computr so like a dummy I went and deleted a three user data app files on my computer and yes I now that you should never do that what I would like to now is how can I get NPS to connect to my Samsung cell phone. I should also tell you that I have had NPS on my computer before and I was able to connect my cell phone in NPS. Is their anyway to possibly repair this issue that pc Studio works again. I would really like to beable to download my pictures and videos to my computer.

Collapse -
Update on how things are going with New Pc Studio
by comput31 / May 14, 2012 3:46 PM PDT
In reply to: My answer is no.

HI I should also mention that my phone is not some unregistered model it has never been rooted or had its software changed in anyway shape or form.

Collapse -
Then a test is needed.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 14, 2012 3:47 PM PDT

Your phone on some other PC.

Collapse -
update on problems transfering photos
by comput31 / May 15, 2012 1:51 PM PDT
In reply to: Then a test is needed.

HI cell phone is not on another computer it is only on one computer.

Collapse -
Test not done?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 16, 2012 2:43 AM PDT

Until that is done we are unsure if this PC has an issue or the cable or the phone.

Collapse -
I cannot transfer my photos or videos from my cell phone
by comput31 / May 16, 2012 12:43 PM PDT
In reply to: Test not done?

HI I was wondering if you could please explain to me in great detail what are you talking about until that is done we are unsure if this pc has an issue or the cable or the phone.

Collapse -
He said...
by Pepe7 / May 17, 2012 3:59 AM PDT

You need to test out this handset to see if it will communicate with another PC. Also try an alternate cable. This should help narrow down if it's the handset, cable or PC that's causing the problem.

Collapse -
I cannot transfer my pictures and videos from my cell phone
by comput31 / May 17, 2012 8:00 AM PDT
In reply to: He said...

HI I do not have another pc to try this on and I only have the one transfer cable for my cell phone. I now the transfer cable works because I have used it before this issue cropped up I was wondering can deleting certain files by accident can it cause New pc Studio to not establish a connection with my cell phone any longer.

Collapse -
Answer
Forgot a link for you
by Pepe7 / May 7, 2012 1:10 PM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
Given there is no friend to help out.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 17, 2012 8:38 AM PDT

It looks like you reload the PC back to its factory install (good thing we all backup our stuff!!!) and then try again.

If it fails, then you head to that service counter you have been trying to avoid.
Bob

Collapse -
I cannot transfer photos or video from my cell phone
by comput31 / May 17, 2012 11:12 AM PDT

HI I was wondering can I do a restore can that help correct my current problem with my computer and get nps working and connecting to my cell phone.

Collapse -
Only one way to find out.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 17, 2012 11:20 AM PDT

We only lose what we don't backup so backup, then try it.

It's a shame no one wants to try this on their PC for you.
Bob

Collapse -
I cannot transfer photos or videos from my cell phone
by comput31 / May 19, 2012 6:01 PM PDT

HI I was wondering if I could ask a question the other day I went into Problems Reports and solutions on my computer and this application on my computer found a solution to NPs it says Windows Compatibility problem found. Then when i click on the link then it opens a window and then it says Contact Adobe for Support then under that is says
Your version of Macromedia Flash Activex control isn't compatible with this version of windows.

Collapse -
Re: transfer
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 19, 2012 6:10 PM PDT

You didn't tell what exactly is the problem with NPS that is the cause that you can't download photo's from your phone. So nobody can tell if it's related to Flash or not.

Kees

Collapse -
by comput31 / May 20, 2012 9:27 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: transfer

HI when I go into New pc Studio and I put my transfer cable into the usb slot on my computer and then put the other end of the transfer cable into my phone the cell phone icon acts like it is connecting in New Pc Studio then a message comes up saying that my cell phone is an unregistered model. I did not have this trouble before. When I would connect my cell phone to my computer and go into NPS the cell phone Icon would say connected. I was also going to ask a question can deleting certain files cause this issue for my cell phone not to connect in NPS.

Collapse -
Answer
Can not transfer my photos or videos on New Pc Suite
by someone3974 / May 20, 2012 8:12 PM PDT

Hi! Why not try to use some free PC management tool, such as AirDroid or Moborobo. That would help you to manage your data between your PC and device more easily!?

Collapse -
I cannot transfer my photos or video from my cell phone
by comput31 / May 21, 2012 7:39 AM PDT

HI I have never heard of these free tools before and do they work with Samsung cell phones of any kind.

Collapse -
Worth trying.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 21, 2012 7:44 AM PDT
Collapse -
by comput31 / May 23, 2012 4:40 PM PDT
In reply to: Worth trying.

HI I downloaded and tried installing New Pc Studio for my Sansung cell phone. I am so sorry everyone I forgot to mention something quiet a while ago. After NPS was installed on my computer an error message came up saying the following:

Collapse -
No I can't explain that but Samsung should
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 24, 2012 3:19 AM PDT

It's their installer that failed. It usually works on other PCs so my bet is the PC has a damage OS, malware, or antivirus that blocked the install.

There are not enough clues in this discussion to point to anything in particular since we've see this fail due to all I've mentioned plus registry cleaners and optimizers.

That app does work for other PCs, just not yours and why that is, is not in this discussion. That is, you never revealed if your machine was hit with virus, malware or registry cleaners. There are other reasons but these are the most common.
Bob

Collapse -
I cannot transfer my photos from my cell
by comput31 / May 24, 2012 5:37 AM PDT

HI ya sorry I forgot to mention that yes I did have a virus on my computer so I did put the files and the virus in the virus chest and left it their for a couple of weeks and then like a dummy I deleted the files witch I thought it was only internet files temporary internet files. What I would like to now is how can I install windows vista without wiping my hard drive clean. I do have the windows vista dvd my windows in legal. I am not keen on a system restore. Is their someway to install windows vista without a clean install.
I have never used registry cleaners of any kind.
<div>
Thanks..
</div>

Collapse -
So would millions of other folk.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 24, 2012 5:52 AM PDT

Microsoft even in Windows 7 did not issue a supported system that does this.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.