Cameras

General discussion

I can help you with you SVP camera

by svptechaid / January 19, 2006 9:52 AM PST

If you need with you SVP camera I can help just talk to me on c|net or e-mail me at info@svp-tech.com. I can help

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I can help you with you SVP camera
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I can help you with you SVP camera
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Here's your chance for refunds all you folks who have SVP
by Kiddpeat / January 19, 2006 10:21 AM PST

cameras that do not work. Please post back with your experiences.

Collapse -
I don't want help I want my money back!
by Andie10 / January 20, 2006 2:14 AM PST

I have got mine today, am sending it back today, load of rubbish! Oh, and that Christie Campos is messing with the wrong bird giving me cheek on the Email! I will play hell until I get my money back so, THANKS BUT NO THANKS!

Collapse -
Defective SVP DC-12E digital Camera
by Ramcat7 / December 30, 2006 10:46 AM PST

The camera listed in the Subject Title does not flash. Outside pictures are so bright with white light you can't see the subject.
I have Emailed the Company with my problem and have no response, yet.
Two Emails tonight about 9:00PM EST. Don't exspect to hear until maybe tuesday because of New Years. Got this from an Ebayer named defiledflesh. That should have warned me right away. He glorified this camera, said it had an 8x optical lense. It has an 8x digital. A manufactures warrantee for one year, but he wouldn't even give me a clue about how to apply my camera to it. He said he sold it as is. If it is a new camera right from the manufacturer why would he sell it, as is? Was it reconditioned? Is it junk?

Collapse -
sorry but they are junk
by bobbyball43 / January 3, 2007 9:30 AM PST

you just like the rest of us have been ripped off. there's a couple of us looking into class action. my camera was sold as a 12 megapixel!! whatever!!! the ebayer probably won't refund as they usually send you to the manufacturer but if you mail it to them be prepared to be waiting until all your recourse through ebay or paypal is over. svp kept mine for 2 months.

Collapse -
SVP garbage camera
by Bostrowski / April 30, 2007 8:58 AM PDT

Please let me know if there is a class action suit on this camera. I can't believe a company would sell this as a product. I could see if they were trying to pass this off as a prize in a box of cereal. But no, those prizes are even better then this camera. At least the toys in cereal boxes work!!!!!!!!!

Collapse -
I would like to now about the class action suit also.
by srenee67 / June 11, 2007 2:43 AM PDT
In reply to: SVP garbage camera

I am out $100 for HDDV 1800 that was advertised as 12 mp and is really a 5.1 mp. Poor quality. No manual, and just plain simple. I left all kinds of messages and emails with people to no avail. Waiting on the California complaint form as we speak.

Collapse -
SVP HDDV 1800
by chrstbeutler / July 11, 2007 11:43 PM PDT

I just recently bought this camera from ebay, then I came accross this site. WOW!!! Not sure if I like it or not. I will have to wait and see when I get a memory card. I cant get the flash to work. Takes really bad pictures without one.
So I thought I was getting a good deal. Said camcorder was worth $399, They listed it was $119. so I maid an offer of $75 they took it. Then shipping was $25 and it took 7 days to get here by fedex.

What about this class action suit, can I be on that list. Will someone email me and let me know all information, Please???

chrstbeutler@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Christine

Collapse -
I GOT MY REFUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by chrstbeutler / September 7, 2007 11:19 AM PDT
In reply to: SVP HDDV 1800

Yup thats right I got my refund from Silicon Valley or what ever they call themselves. I filed a claim with Paypal and they helped me get the refund of $75 out of $99.00.
Thanks for all the info

Christine

Collapse -
WTG!!!
by taz4jaz / September 8, 2007 4:22 PM PDT

Well that rocks. How did you do it and how long had you had the camera? Had to you reported the issues or what? Just let me know...

THanks and WTG

Collapse -
Count me in too!
by apickylady / October 8, 2007 6:37 AM PDT
In reply to: SVP HDDV 1800

I have been really really patient with svp. I have done everything I could to justify keeping this peice of ----! But I'm now ready to join the "we got screwed group". Where do I sign up?

Wilma

Collapse -
I GOT A REPLY FROM SVP!!!!
by bobbyball43 / October 14, 2007 4:10 AM PDT
In reply to: Count me in too!

I emailed just to complain and actually got a reply!!! Below is the email address. He wanted to "investigate" my case which was almost 2 yrs ago. Email ALL your issues!!!!!!!!! operation@svp-tech.com i got a attorney firm interested in our class action so if you have not emailed me your contact info please do. bobbyball@qwest.net

Collapse -
PLEASE HELP ME!
by caribsurfer / October 17, 2007 1:50 AM PDT

Hi, Bobby, I bought an SVP camera from a seller on E-Bay Dec. 5, 2006. The model is CDC-8630. I used it three times and it stopped working. The lens is out and it's frozen in position. If I put fresh batteries in, the lens goes back in but before I can shut it down or take the batteries out, the lens goes back out. I have to leave it in that position. I have no choice. It won't take photos anymore even though the lens is out. I have tried for months to reach this stupid company. I cannot reach them and they don't return e-mails. I thought I found a link that Corel might be taking over but now I think I'm mistaken.

What can I do? I am VERY INTERESTED in a class action suit. I'm a cancer patient, have spent a fortune on medical bills; so I don't have money to throw away and I need to avoid stress if at all possible. This is BS and I'm sick of it.

Can you please advise???

Thanks in advance!

Carib

Collapse -
Hey there I can so agree with you
by taz4jaz / October 17, 2007 3:04 PM PDT
In reply to: PLEASE HELP ME!

We need to get this suit going. I am not sure what to do either. I am able to get with Bobby pretty easy since she is my little sister and figure out what to do. She is good at this stuff, not in a bad way but in a good way. I will see if there is anythign I can do tohelp her get it going too.

I hate this company mostly because the pictures I thought I was taking of my grandkids is not there I am sure. And some are of my twin grand kids when they were new.

Kerry

Collapse -
PLEASE HELP ME!
by bobbyball43 / October 19, 2007 1:21 PM PDT
In reply to: PLEASE HELP ME!

sorry we have to go through this. there was someone who had luck in getting the CA consumer affairs to get action from SVP. I don't have the number right now but you can google it to find it. try that and also file in your state

Collapse -
I need help I purchased 3 of them
by amys1port / November 29, 2007 5:45 AM PST

I purchased 3 of these cameras all different models for people for christmas in August. I just now opened mine because I was still currently using my old camera but it has finally crapped out on me. How can I get my refund for all three. I have paid over $200 dollard for them all together.

Collapse -
I need help I purchased 3 of them
by bobbyball43 / November 30, 2007 1:20 AM PST

i replied via the email you sent me but i should post the suggestion here. If you recently purchased through ebay and/or paypal go through their dispute process. If you return it to the ebay seller they will keep 20%. We need ebay to stop allowing these to be sold because the sellers send you to SVP and SVP sends you to the seller. Also file a complaint with your states Attorney General consumer protection and the CA office

Collapse -
HDDV1800
by digicam1 / August 24, 2007 3:36 AM PDT

I don't know if I am just lucky or what but this camera has been nothing but fun.Once I was able to interpret the poorly written manual and figure out the different modes,everything has been a snap,no pun intended.To obtain 12 megapixels,the camera has to be set to the highest resolution.It is not true 12mp but interpolated.The results are phenomenal.Also very important to set up the white balance.I think everybody just wants this camera to work like a point and shoot but I don"t know of any electronic gadget that doesn"t require some setting up to maximise its full potential.I like this camera so much that I am going to buy a few more to give as gifts/I think I will also write my own manual.

Collapse -
From The Moderator
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / August 24, 2007 11:47 PM PDT
In reply to: HDDV1800

A series of postings were deleted at this point.

Because of baiting, bad language, and baiting.

Collapse -
probably dumb question after all this time
by bobbyball43 / September 3, 2007 9:19 AM PDT
In reply to: From The Moderator

messages were deleted. was the subject the company? my dumb question is can isort this forum by date? the messages are all over the place.

Collapse -
deleted messages
by bobbyball43 / September 6, 2007 7:29 AM PDT
In reply to: From The Moderator

darn if i would have checked my email i would have seen the posts that were deleted. did folks get angry with the guy who loved the svp camera and company? just curious. bobbyball@qwest.net

Collapse -
Deleted Messages
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / September 6, 2007 11:56 AM PDT
In reply to: deleted messages

In the past, representatives from some companies that sell these cameras have posted fake glowing reports on SVP cameras.

These fake posts were all posted by new members that joined the Forum on the same day they made their first post which praised SVP products.

Because of that, the post by Digicam1 was viewed with suspicion.

A suspicious post can lead to challenges and retorts by members that are aware of the things that have happened in the past.

Sometime people loose their cool.

Collapse -
deleted messages
by bobbyball43 / September 6, 2007 2:13 PM PDT
In reply to: Deleted Messages

hey that's funny cause that's exactly what we thought it was. we couldn't figure out how anyone could have a good camera. it's so sad that they just keep coming. i have a database of about 75 who have a camera that's totally broken, not working properly, can't figure it out or just mad cause of quality. i was contacted by an attorney too so we might be closer to class action!!!! But how can we get ebay to not allow the sales of these cameras? Any ideas?????

Collapse -
yOU WERE CONTACTED BY AN ATTORNEY?
by taz4jaz / September 8, 2007 4:38 PM PDT

Please if you don't mind let me know the attorney that contacted you in regards to the nasty non working SVP cameras from ebay.

Thanks,

Kerry Renard

Collapse -
The attorney
by taz4jaz / September 9, 2007 3:45 AM PDT

I would like to know who the attorney is that contacted you and get in touch with him and get this going. TO many people out to much money. It is stupid.

I wish I could just go on the ebay site to every camera they have up on auction and just let bidders of the stuff know they will soon be joning us....LOL

Ms. Ball the name of lawyer if you don't mind or if you have contacted him then cool. Let me know.

Kerry Renard

Collapse -
Re:SVP1500
by digicam1 / September 7, 2007 1:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Deleted Messages

Hi,First of all I am an aircraft technician who has worked with Canada"s national Airline for the last thirty years.I suspect that you are trying to bait me by insinuating that I work for SVP.Secondly I am still having great fun with my cam.I have discovered that it is also a great MP3 player and card reader.I had to call SVP just once and that was to find out how to change the flash settings.They answered my query within hours.Now all is well.I await your next bait.

Collapse -
Deleted Messages
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / September 9, 2007 6:14 AM PDT
In reply to: Re:SVP1500

A series of useless messages were deleted at this point.

Even though digicam1 is inviting people to bait him,

all such posts will be deleted.

Collapse -
so u can work the svp?
by apickylady / October 3, 2007 2:26 PM PDT
In reply to: Re:SVP1500

My only problem is the manuel. If there is someone at svp that I can call who will tell me how to use it, I'll be happy. Who did u contact?

Collapse -
My SVP
by photobirds / October 9, 2007 5:51 AM PDT

I've had my SVP HDDV-2800 since July. It's ok... just ok.
The real problem I have is the battery. The first one would not charge. After I think 3 emails to the manufacturer I got a return number for the battery and they sent me two. That's fine... but they don't hold a charge very long, and there is no where that I can one locally.

Collapse -
digicam1
by apickylady / October 18, 2007 5:07 AM PDT

Have you figured out how to use the mp3 player?

Collapse -
questions on using DV1880
by jonlouie / September 21, 2008 9:47 AM PDT

Since you have been able to make this work could you plese share the answers to these questions:

1. How do you set up the high resolution?
2. We purchased 16GB card which the on-line seller said would work but the manual with the camera claims maximum of 4GB. Will a 16GB work?
3. How do you erase what is on the card in the camera.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.