Speakeasy

Rant

I can hear it now

by JP Bill / January 22, 2013 5:43 AM PST

Clinton will testify tomorrow...even if she got a blood clot and concussion on purpose to avoid testifying.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I can hear it now
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I can hear it now
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
She testified, and did extremely well despite a bad cold.
by Ziks511 / January 23, 2013 4:40 PM PST
In reply to: I can hear it now

She teared up when discussing the families of the victims whom she met at Andrews when the coffins came home. She also ripped into one person's questions regarding the disaster, clearly very angry. every thing she said incicated a woman trying to do her job conscientiously and thoroughly. She did address the issue of " The Buck Stops here" and accepted responsiblity, but she also pointed out that the Ambassador felt comfortable enough to travel to Benghazi to recover non-secret documents that shoulnd't have been left behind. I wondered about that issue of the Ambasador feeling comfortable enouch, of his having no inkling that there might be danger, that he went in person to collect documents.

She also emphasized the task of capturing those responsible.

Typically of most Republican instigated investigations, there is no There, there. There is no evidencce of malfeasance or misfeasance or carelessness, or anything, but my, my, my, they don't like Hilarly Clinton much nor the Administration of which she is a part..

Rob

Collapse -
some of what she said was ridiculous
by James Denison / January 23, 2013 6:15 PM PST

Particularly during her rant.

Hillary ""What difference, at this point, does it make?"

My reply would be, "We are not here to determine any difference made at this point, but what difference could have been made at that time, and who was responsible for it then."

If Adam Lanza had survived can you imagine him saying "What difference, at this point, does it make?"

She also implied that Congress should keep their nose out of it. Obviously she caters to the imperial Presidency concept.

Hillary, "They just could have decided to go for a walk at night and been attacked by people who don't like Americans!"

My reply, "Yeah, but they didn't, and are you unable to distinguish the difference between those scenarios?"

She didn't do herself any favors with those comments. I didn't hear all of it, got disgusted with it at that point and tuned out.

Collapse -
RE: Hillary ""What difference, at this point, does it make?"
by JP Bill / January 23, 2013 6:46 PM PST

Was a response to a question she posed

"Was it because of a protest, or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided they'd go kill some Americans?

Please put the statement in context.

"With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans," she said. "Was it because of a protest, or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided they'd go kill some Americans? What difference, at this point, does it make? It our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this. The fact is that people were trying, in real time, to get to the best information."

Collapse -
the exact quotes
by James Denison / January 23, 2013 6:47 PM PST

"With all due respect, we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk who decided they'd go kill Americans," she said in a heated voice. "What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened."

Collapse -
The exact quote?
by JP Bill / January 23, 2013 6:54 PM PST
In reply to: the exact quotes

She said in a heated voice?

Described audio?

Collapse -
She doesn't have much to worry about
by James Denison / January 23, 2013 7:03 PM PST
In reply to: The exact quote?

There's a full court press on by all the liberal news organs to flog their blogs in her favor. It's disgusting. Just a simple google and the liberal news are all praising her. Obviously the dead count less for them than their worshipful attitude toward Obama and Hillary.

Collapse -
Thanks for correcting your Hillary statement
by JP Bill / January 23, 2013 7:07 PM PST
In reply to: the exact quotes

From

Hillary, "They just could have decided to go for a walk at night and been attacked by people who don't like Americans!"

to

"Was it because of a protest, or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided they'd go kill some Americans?

Collapse -
rhetorical questions
by James Denison / January 23, 2013 7:22 PM PST

are actually statements simply hiding behind a question mark.

Collapse -
DEFLECTOR SHIELDS UP!!!!!!!
by JP Bill / January 23, 2013 7:41 PM PST
In reply to: rhetorical questions

Look a flying squirrel?

Americans going for a walk and get attacked.

Was it because of a protest, or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided they'd go kill some American.

guys out for a walk (NON-Americans) decided they'd go kill some American.

See the difference?

Collapse -
It's a non sequitur on Hillary's part
by James Denison / January 24, 2013 12:16 AM PST

There was no protest and there was no "walkabout" and she's managed to bamboozle you and others into arguing about nothing instead of looking at what really happened.

Collapse -
YOUR use of quotes "....
by JP Bill / January 24, 2013 12:21 AM PST

attributing words to Clinton that she didn't say...that's the rub.

Collapse -
that's why I went to make sure
by James Denison / January 24, 2013 2:50 AM PST

and corrected it with the EXACT quote. The paraphrase however was right on!

Collapse -
(NT) Is it difficult to pedal a bicycle backwards?
by JP Bill / January 24, 2013 3:34 AM PST
Collapse -
Funny you should ask. A "fixie"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 24, 2013 3:40 AM PST
Collapse -
Then you would also need
by JP Bill / January 24, 2013 4:10 AM PST

a rear view camera displaying a mirror image?

There's more to backpedaling than meets the eye?

Collapse -
Tell me when you are ready.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 24, 2013 1:44 PM PST

I'll tape it for YouTube!

Collapse -
She was very nicely let off the hook by the Dems
by TONI H / January 24, 2013 12:09 AM PST

in both Seats.......they did NO questioning that put her on the spot......instead they directed their questions to some response where she could brag about her accomplishments when they weren't heaping praise on her themselves. It was disgusting considering that it was supposed to be a HEARING to get to the bottom of what happened, when, and confront the lies about the video (of which it was brought up using that word ONCE during the entire two sessions), both sessions lasted 2-1/2 hours as if that amount of time after waiting four months to get to her was going to actually get to anything, and every person confronting her only had five minutes (down to three during the last half hour because Hilliary had a 5 PM appointment to go to). The entire day was a joke....especially when you consider that many of her responses were being read from a 'script' at hand so she already was forewarned about which questions the Dems were going to ask her.......and she pointedly ignored every question McCain and Paul asked her and instead gave a speech. Her confrontation regarding Johnson where she actually pounded her fist on the table a few times grew out of his question about why nobody ever actually questioned the REAL WITNESSES that were evacuated.......and they haven't been talked to even to this day and they haven't been identified.

She also 'confessed' to not reading ANY of those cabled pleas for more security.......sure, the 'buck stops here', yeah right........she could hardly wait to quote from the ARB paperwork that they couldn't find anybody higher than lower tiered underlings to blame for any of this lack of concern. If they cared enough about their ambassador to Syria to pull HIM out, and they knew ahead of time how dangerous Libya had become because of the intel they already had, they should have pulled Stevens out as well. And those underlings 'can't' be fired........isn't that a little surprising? Evidently, according to HER words, neglect isn't cause......how about MURDER by omission since they didn't present the information to HER?

Collapse -
that's why I tuned out
by James Denison / January 24, 2013 2:52 AM PST

It became all about HER and the actual events became secondary to the day. Disgusting is the proper word for it. Everytime she was pressed for a true account of details and why the "protest rally" story came out is when she'd get bombastic and distract the idiots who didn't keep her feet to the fire on it, even come back at her stronger when she got out of line while testifying.

Collapse -
Regarding your comment.......
by TONI H / January 25, 2013 6:51 PM PST
In reply to: Update

and to quote the 'great lady' herself........."What difference at this point does it make?"

She refused to make herself available for that hearing or anything else for TWO MONTHS, except her video with the President that went to the Muslim/Islamic communities in the world and her meeting the caskets (after all, photo ops are good for politics because image is everything when you're running for president .. current OR future), prior to her faint spell, hitting her head, her stomach flu, her blood clot, and now her medicinal glasses.

Collapse -
So are you among those loons.....
by Josh K / January 27, 2013 10:01 PM PST

.....who think she faked her illness to delay her testimony? Want to see the x-rays and/or medical records?

Collapse -
I never said I believed she faked anything
by TONI H / January 27, 2013 11:39 PM PST

(and I guess you didn't hear BO's speech during his inauguration about 'name calling' in order to win or deflect an issue)

I said she had TWO full months in order to testify before she was injured or ill and conveniently made herself absent and unavailable.

Collapse -
RE;conveniently made herself absent and unavailable.
by JP Bill / January 27, 2013 11:43 PM PST

HOW did she "conveniently" made herself absent and unavailable?

What did she "do"?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.