I am confused

by JamesArrow333 / November 9, 2012 6:00 PM PST

Hi,

I want to buy a camera and my choice is
sony dsc h100
nikon l810
canon sx160
nikon s9100

will some one told me what is the best in these products?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I am confused
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I am confused
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Depends
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / November 10, 2012 12:33 AM PST
In reply to: I am confused

Depend upon what you desire the most
The prices show that you are casting a wide net.

Prices (approx):
Canon SX160 $170
Nikon L810 $200
Nikon S9100 $280
Sony H100 $375

My picks:

Picture Quality:
Nikon S9100

Features:
Sony H100

Operating Speed (CMOS sensors):
Sony H100
Nikon S9100

Best Low light ability:
Nikon S9100

Collapse -
by Sunny900 / November 17, 2012 1:05 AM PST
In reply to: Depends

Sony DSC H100 does not has the CMOS sensor. It has CCD sensor

Collapse -
Good Eye
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / November 17, 2012 1:34 AM PST
In reply to: ..k

Good one Sunny900.

I was looking at the Sony HX100 specifications.

It appears the Sony H100 is only available in India.
It does have CCD sensor

Now ... JamesArrow333's question did have H100.
Does he live in India?
Or did he actually mean HX100?

Thanks..

Collapse -
camera
by JamesArrow333 / November 18, 2012 2:38 PM PST
In reply to: Good Eye

yes, i am from india.

Collapse -
Answer
My opinion
by Sunny900 / November 17, 2012 1:40 AM PST
In reply to: I am confused

1. Cool First of all , you have not clearly said what kind of camera you want.... All the camera you mentioned above are latest. If you want a manual control(not like DSLR) over your camera then you should go for the Sony DSC H100, Nikon L810, Canon SX160.. Cry (all these cameras has manual control like Aperture control, Shutter speed control,Exposure Control.By which you can take photos very sharp,foccused and Professional look like images but remember not same as like a DSLR) .
2. Secondly, If you want to purchase a camera which is easy to handle, carry and a very high range zoom factor. Then you should select the Nikon S9100.(DSLR look like cameras are complicate to operate than point and shhot cameras)
3 . Thirdly, If you dont like a camera which has AA size battery then you should select Nikon S9100, coz this camera is operated by Nikon's Li-ion bettery. (I prefer AA battery operated camera coz you can found AA battery everywhere you go..even in a place where electricity isn't there.)

Wink My Opinion:-
My opinion is that you should select Canon SX160 IS or Sony DSC H100. This two cameras can give you excellent pictures..and cxcellent manual control
Now you are thinking Why I haven't choose the Nikon... From the previous experience I found that Nikon's Image Stabilization feature isn't good.. When you zoomed out your nikon at the end... due to the Shake your picture will get Blurry(though blurry pictures can be clear through Adobe photoshop Editing tool).
Where Sony H100 and Canon 160 has good Image Stabilization technology..

Last Suggestion :-

IF YOU WANT A CAMERA WITH LOTS OF FEATURES THEN YOU SHOULD GO FOR sony dsc h100 OR canon sx160..

Collapse -
camera.
by JamesArrow333 / November 18, 2012 2:43 PM PST
In reply to: My opinion

Thanks sunny900. I think I should go for sony h100.

Collapse -
Sunny plz help me also...
by arun85arun / January 29, 2013 3:51 AM PST
In reply to: My opinion

Bro i want to buy a camera...which can take beautiful pics wid hd video,,,looks shud be professional n it shud be fast too,,i hav checked nikon 810 pics's quality its good but i dont hav any idea abt canon or sony's camera,,,my budget is around 15000,,,,earlier m using nikon coolpix l20 which is 4yr old now,,,now i want a good camera which i can compare with DLSR's pics quality,,,m gud in clicking photos,,,so plz help me in this,,,,waiting for ur reply,,,plz suggest me a rite choice,,,,thnku

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.