Audio & Video Software

General discussion

i accidentally deleted my audio hardware

by .:.PoisonBlack.:. / July 7, 2008 5:55 AM PDT

i was deleting sum programs on my comp when i accidentally deleted what seems to b my sound... this happend to me last week and idk what to do to get it back... i really need sum help quick

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: i accidentally deleted my audio hardware
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: i accidentally deleted my audio hardware
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Can't help. . .
by Coryphaeus / July 7, 2008 10:52 AM PDT

You told us nothing about your system. Read the Note in red above where you typed your question.

Collapse -
ima dork xP
by .:.PoisonBlack.:. / July 8, 2008 8:58 AM PDT
In reply to: Can't help. . .

k heres the thing... i dont have a clue of how to find out all of those things... even though ive had this computer 4 a while, im not an expert or nething on that criteria... if u would b so kind to direct me to how to find that out, i would b most grateful TT_TT

Collapse -
First thing to try. . .
by Coryphaeus / July 8, 2008 9:39 AM PDT
In reply to: ima dork xP

is a System Restore. Run the System Restore on a date before you deleted your sound.

Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore. Look at the calendar and pick a date before the problem.

Collapse -
uhm...
by .:.PoisonBlack.:. / July 8, 2008 9:52 AM PDT

well heres the thing... if u can plz check out my other post... i kno its a big hassle but i desperatly need help

Collapse -
In that case...
by John.Wilkinson / July 8, 2008 4:34 PM PDT
In reply to: uhm...

Note to other readers: Click here for the 'other post' .:.PoisonBlack.:. referenced.

Since System Restore isn't an option for you, download/install/run Everest and report back what sound card it detects. From there we can determine which audio driver download is most appropriate, which should restore your sound.

Let us know.
John

Collapse -
1st off....
by .:.PoisonBlack.:. / July 9, 2008 2:30 PM PDT
In reply to: In that case...

k i was about to download it but it says that i need to pay for this product... do i have to? or is there a way in which i dont have to give expense? im very poor lol XD

Collapse -
It's free...
by John.Wilkinson / July 10, 2008 1:34 AM PDT
In reply to: 1st off....

The link I provided is to Everest Free Edition, which is freeware. Advertisements for other products may have prompts to pay for software, but if you just click to download Everest there's no payment prompt.

John

Collapse -
alrighty-o ^ ^
by .:.PoisonBlack.:. / July 10, 2008 1:48 PM PDT
In reply to: It's free...

k i downloaded the program ^ ^ btw thank u for that info on the price. k so now how do i find our what sound card i have and/or need?

Collapse -
When you run Everest...
by John.Wilkinson / July 10, 2008 1:54 PM PDT
In reply to: alrighty-o ^ ^

Expand "Computer" along the left column and click "Summary." Scroll down in the right pane and see what is listed under Multimedia as your audio adapter.

John

Collapse -
k i got it ^ ^
by .:.PoisonBlack.:. / July 10, 2008 2:09 PM PDT

under that it says VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller

Collapse -
Driver download...
by John.Wilkinson / July 10, 2008 2:18 PM PDT
In reply to: k i got it ^ ^

Sound should be restored by downloading/installing the driver package found at this link. (Extract the contents and run setup.exe.)

Hope this helps,
John

Collapse -
hmmm......
by .:.PoisonBlack.:. / July 10, 2008 2:38 PM PDT
In reply to: Driver download...

this link wont let me download it.... is there ne other that maybe can help me?

Collapse -
Im having this problem too. Please help me
by legendthriller33 / March 24, 2012 5:12 PM PDT
In reply to: Can't help. . .

I downloaded a program by accident and when I went to revove it from uninstall programs I accidentally deleted the audio thing too. I ran the restore but it didnt fix the problem. When I click on my little audio button in the bottom right corner it says that there are no speakers or headphones hooked up. And trys to troubleshoot and it doesnt tell me anything.

I also ran the everest thing you told the previous person to do. I to am new to computers and I have only had this laptop for about 2 months. So I have the system info in front of me, but I am not sure what is what. can you please help me?

Its a Hewlett-Packard
Windows 7
pavilion g7-1219wm notebook pc

I dont really know what the other stuff means nor do I know what you really need. The Everest thing gave me the mainboard, cpu, memory modules, local drivers, tempatures and video cards.

But I would really appreciate it if you could help me. Thank you.

Collapse -
everest
by legendthriller33 / March 24, 2012 5:26 PM PDT

actually I dont think it was everest that I ran, bc it didnt tell me anything about a sound card, i just ran the scan on that website. Oh... This is very stressing. I dont know what to do. I dont know how to download everest the only download button i can find wants me to download a avs media player Sad can you please help me with all of this asap?

Collapse -
Direct download.link...
by John.Wilkinson / July 11, 2008 3:02 AM PDT
Collapse -
uh.....
by .:.PoisonBlack.:. / July 11, 2008 9:50 AM PDT

everytime i try to download it, i get a message like it cant download cuz its corrupted or the specified path doesnt exist. idk what to do -______-

Collapse -
hmm
by .:.PoisonBlack.:. / July 12, 2008 7:39 AM PDT
In reply to: uh.....

nevermind what i said on top... im having trouble installing it... i tried to install it but it keeps telling me there was an error with trying to run the application.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.