Android forum

Question

HTC Desire HD to Samsung Galaxy S3?

by fyker29 / June 27, 2012 11:48 AM PDT

I currently have an HTC Desire HD, decent phone and I know the 4.0 update is to come this summer either in July or August. I was just wondering if the new Galaxy phone is worth going to the expense of getting out of my contract and buying. I know the camera will be better and it will be faster. I guess what I'm asking is will the Galaxy S3 blow my Desire HD out of the water and should up upgrade immediately? Thanks for your time.

Cheers

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HTC Desire HD to Samsung Galaxy S3?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HTC Desire HD to Samsung Galaxy S3?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I'm comparing my old android to new ones
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 27, 2012 8:58 PM PDT

And nothing seems to blow me away.

Collapse -
Well...
by Androidfreedom / July 11, 2012 6:48 PM PDT

I did the same thing today, compared my old DHD with samsung galaxy S3 and HTC ONE and my enthusiasm was along with thoughts to get a new phone vanished immediately. I think only asus padfone might be able to change that but at quite a pricey cost. The new ICS update will hopefully keep me happy for a considerable time to come!!!

Collapse -
Answer
HTC Desire HD to Samsung Galaxy S3?
by Aadamgibson / July 17, 2012 8:31 PM PDT

Samsung Galaxy S3 definitely holds an edge above HTC Desire. It is a much advanced phone with optimized features, design & technology. You can definitely opt for Samsung Galaxy S3.

Collapse -
hm....
by Androidfreedom / July 18, 2012 12:09 AM PDT

Yeah for a few hundred dollars you can load cut the rope 1 second faster.......

Collapse -
Answer
HTC Desire HD samsung Galaxy S3
by shuiguoyang / August 16, 2012 5:45 PM PDT

Of course, is the HTC Desire HD Well, configuration, performance, quality is good too, you can access read reviews, and well, playing Hyun, good compatibility

Collapse -
Answer
S3 over Desire.
by Jefferyty / August 21, 2012 9:10 PM PDT

Undoubtedly, HTC desire HD was an amazing smart phone of its time in terms of its performance & price, but know it's not recommended to compare it with Galaxy S3, since its the most advanced and highly specified smart phone with latest Android ICS version. Its camera results is way stunning with a new feature of simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging.
In other words Galaxy S3 is worth buying phone!

Collapse -
Answer
HTC Desire HD to Samsung Galaxy S3
by mart_rck / August 21, 2012 9:49 PM PDT

Samsung Galaxy S3 is much better than HTC Desire HD. Whether we talk about ppi density, OS, front camera, video capture quality or CPU.....

Collapse -
Answer
HTC HD
by shuiguoyang / August 23, 2012 1:20 PM PDT

Of course, is configured HTC HD Well, good performance, and the quality is good too, you can go online to see the evaluation ah, good systems, playing hyun, good compatibility

Collapse -
Answer
HTC Desire HD to Samsung Galaxy S3
by raekwonsteven / August 23, 2012 9:11 PM PDT

No doubt Samsung S3 is better......

Collapse -
Answer
Galaxy S3
by Keith_Perfez / August 27, 2012 9:37 PM PDT

I would say Galaxy S3 would be best phone to go, desire HD has low hardware configuration than S3.

Collapse -
Answer
galaxy s3
by _Evelyn_ / September 2, 2012 8:26 PM PDT

well, i'm really a fan of samsung galaxy s3, hope you get this wonderful phone, too

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.