Samsung

Rant

HT-C6930W 3D 7.1 ch Blu-ray Home Cinema System

by disrember / April 2, 2012 8:54 PM PDT

Back in December I brought the "Samsung HT-C6930W 3D 7.1 ch Blu-ray Home Cinema System.

Two weeks ago I brought "Immortals 3D". The disc works fine up to the point of playing the movie, where you just get a black screen. I previously had a similar problem with limitless and when I contacted Samsung they told me it was an issue due to security on the disc,

So I contact Samsung again about the issue, after 5 calls they have asked me to take the unit to a repair Centre so that they can test the disc and see if its my machine and not other peoples machine. yet I am 95% sure if not my machine, but a general issue, especially as there has not been an update since 2010.

I don't understand why they just do not test this on one of their own equipment and just let me know.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HT-C6930W 3D 7.1 ch Blu-ray Home Cinema System
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HT-C6930W 3D 7.1 ch Blu-ray Home Cinema System
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Same issue
by paulbawa / August 11, 2012 3:16 AM PDT

Did you ever figure this out? I just got a 3d movie and it happened to me, same thing.

Collapse -
Re: Same issue
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 13, 2012 1:18 AM PDT
In reply to: Same issue

Hi paulbawa,

Sorry to hear about it. Can you let me know the following info?

Movie Title(s): ???
Player / Model Affected: HT-C6930W
Firmware Version: ???
What is the exact problem with the film: ???
Where in the disc is this happening: ???
How many copies of the titles have been tried: ???
Network Connection to Player: ???

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
htc6930w
by nkrenz / November 19, 2012 1:05 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Same issue

I am having the exact problem also - just started a few weeks ago trying to play AVENGERS DVD 3D and JOHN CARTER DVD 3D - has anyone figured this out? I updated my software to the latest version but still no go.

Collapse -
Re: htc6930w
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 19, 2012 7:17 AM PST
In reply to: htc6930w

Hi nkrenz,

Sorry to hear about that. What version are you on now?

HD Tech

Collapse -
htc6930w not playing 3d
by nkrenz / November 26, 2012 2:20 AM PST
In reply to: Re: htc6930w

my version is HTBC6930WWB-1101.4, when I request an online software upgrade it show that I have the latest version and no updates are available. I did speak with SAMSUNG phone support and she is sending me a disc with the latest updated version. I am concerned because now I cannot play any new 3D discs.

Collapse -
Re: htc6930w not playing 3d
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 26, 2012 6:44 AM PST

Hi nkrenz,

That firmware disc that you said they sent to you should do the trick. Let me know if you have any further questions.

HD Tech

Collapse -
1016.2 Firmware
by nkrenz / December 28, 2012 3:49 AM PST

I have now received 3 incorrect firmware discs directly from Samsung - all 1011.4. I have gone to Executive Customer Service and everyone swears they will send me 1016.2 and everytime I get 1011.4. I need someone at Samsung who cares about their customers to get with the parts department in NJ and have them update their stock and send the customers the right disc - Can you help me? I have been without the 3D feature for 2 months now - my unit is under warranty and I want to be able to use it for something other than a $1000 door stop.

Collapse -
Re: 1016.2 Firmware
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 31, 2012 1:05 AM PST
In reply to: 1016.2 Firmware
Collapse -
3D not playing
by nkrenz / November 19, 2012 8:38 PM PST
In reply to: Same issue

This just started to happen to me after being able to watch 3D for almost a year. I updated my software via internet connection but no luck. I ended up calling SAMSUNG and was fortunate enough to get a very helpful rep who informed me that even though my internet upgrade states that I Have the most currect version it isn't and SAMSUNG is sending me a disc in the mail to update my system to play 3D dvds again. Hope this helps.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Magazine

The summer issue is here!

In the latest edition of our quarterly magazine, we look at how you can spend your summer getting fit and having fun. Pick up a copy on newsstands today or order it now.