Forum Announcement

Welcome to the new CNET Forums! Please don't panic. You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

PC Hardware

General discussion

HP XW6600 issues

by riprocnet / November 22, 2012 1:51 AM PST

Hallo,i've got a HP XW6600 and i'm having a problem to start the system after Win 7 installation.It goes to the windows logo and shuts down.I had the same problem Win XP pro and Vista business every time i've installed graphichs driver it did hang at the log in screen and hibernates after that.I've tried it with Nvidia quadro NVS 285 128Mb,Sapphire Radeon 5450 1GB and EVGA Geforce GTX 560 2GB.I have the same issue with XW6400.
No start up repair or fresh install helped.I'm at the end of my knowledge.
Could anybody help
Thanks

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP XW6600 issues
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP XW6600 issues
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sounds like a hardware issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 22, 2012 1:55 AM PST
In reply to: HP XW6600 issues

But I'm finding folk mis-diagnose the hibernate issue. That is, some are looking at the monitor that is displaying a sleep message and thinking the PC is sleeping or hibernating which is not the case at all.

I find that a boot to safe mode and setting a compatible resolution can help if there are no other hardware issues.

That step is not in your post so maybe it's the usual.
Bob

Collapse -
all
by riprocnet / November 30, 2012 8:35 PM PST

Hallo,but the XW6400 has been working fine before with the Quadro NVS285 on full resolution

Collapse -
Tipping point
by Willy / November 30, 2012 9:19 PM PST
In reply to: all

Now, it isn't working. It maybe a buss/PCIe-16 issue as in the slot can' take it or related chipset. The video loading gets to a point where its drivers are too much for whatever reason. It maybe a bridge chipset or cpu level failing. If it works in safe mode but not in higher final mode, that's suggests some h/w issue or failure. Basically, you need a mtrbd. replacement to test further. It hibernates because it never got what it needed, so it times out to hibernate mode. Since this is also HP type workstation, it may have a narrower support range other than its own products or similar. If this ever worked(does currently too) go back to that h/w setup and see if a bios update helps at all(last resort). You may want to try Hiren's CD, google for it and play with the many pgms. to see if it can boot to that. Also, using the bootable Ubuntu "live version" CD, if it can load those hi-end video drivers, it offers yet another clue, if NOT, then the h/w fault is really there. Clean the video slot as another area to check.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
So another light bulb in the hallway?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 1, 2012 12:16 AM PST
In reply to: all

It worked before means it worked before. Hardware does fail or degrade. It's also known that folk will install drivers from MSFT and my advice is never do that.

Again, try safe mode and set a lower resolution.

Only a very new PC owner or tech won't do this.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.