HP forum

Rant

Hp tech support sucks and the case managers

by 4-jets / February 18, 2012 12:40 AM PST

I purchased a HP Pavillion 6 months ago. My laptop has been shipped 3 times for repairs. The following has been replaced- motherboard, LCD screen, hard drive twice and the battery.

Calling India for tech support is interesting, let me tell you. They have no idea what's going on. I spent 3 hours on the phone speaking to Raj. I finally had enough when(Raj) ask me to run the same hard drive test that I just completed, 1.5 hours.

Even if you escallade the issue, HP is still useless. Try talking to there case managers- wow thank god this issue was escalladed, I just wasted my day time minutes on you!

Please tell your friends and family; In my opinion do not purchase any HP products. They do not stand by there products and only care about the bottom line.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Hp tech support sucks and the case managers
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Hp tech support sucks and the case managers
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
HP
by SoMeAmCheron / February 28, 2012 6:04 AM PST

Hi 4-jets,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with HP. I work for HP and would like to review your case. Please email me at psgsocialmedia@hp.com with your contact and product information. Please include in the subject line Attn: Veronica-Cnet.

"The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP"

Collapse -
Hp tech support really sucks!
by guugles / March 31, 2012 4:59 PM PDT

I have a HP Pavilion Elite 110f. It's less than 2 years old and today my hard drive crashed. So I call Hp tech support to be stuck with some guy from India that I couldn't understand (believe me I was trying!) He kept telling me I had to pay $129.00 to talk to someone because the warranty period was up. I said I know what is wrong with my computer and want to order and new hard drive with op system on it. So he tells me it would be 89.00 for a refurbished hard drive and 220.00 for the op system! I'm not paying for an op system I already paid for. after trying to explain to this guy for 45 minutes he would not let me speak to someone else even when I told him i couldn't understand him. He told me, "call back again and maybe you can get someone you can understand better!!! Can you believe it! So I call back again and get another Indian call person but one that I could understand and was actually pretty helpful. So after an hour on the phone talk to the supervisor and then some guy who worked in the hard drive dept. and told me I didn't have to purchase a hard drive from HP and he would send me the op system. So basically all is well until I get a call 10 minutes later from some woman from the HP call center in India being extremely rude and telling me I MUST order the hard drive from them or the op system won't work if I buy one on my own. She then tried to explain why but couldn't understand her and she was yelling at me! I told her I would take my chances and see what happens with buying the hard drive on my own and said to me in a cocky voice, " ya that's fine, it's not going to work!" I said listen, i have been extremely nice and you have been extremely rude calling me and yelling at me, you need to check your attitude lady! Needless to say I have never experienced crappier customer service in my life!!!!

Collapse -
HP Support
by SoMeAmCheron / April 2, 2012 7:07 AM PDT

Hi guugles,
I apologize for the experience you had with HP Support. If you would like to contact me further regarding this matter please feel free to email me at psgsocialmedia@hp.com. Please include your contact and product information and Attn: Veronica in the subject line. Again, I do apologize for the inconvenience.

"The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP"

Collapse -
I cannot agree more with you hp sucks and there case manager
by fabu17 / April 17, 2012 11:59 PM PDT

I have going through hell with my laptop issue. Hp was suppose to replace my laptop with a new one but they didnt. they have been sending refurbished computer with the same damn problem and claiming its new. can you believe that I have receive 3 different laptops as a problem and each of them as same exact issue. (distorted screen). and now they dont want to do anything any more. they said they can only give me half of my money or send the computer out for repair. Come on Hp, who say that to a customer, that you send your so call brand new computer for repiar and why will you tell a customer to get half of hismoney back with no computer. is that a gain or a loss. Hp doesnt treat customer right at all. i was advised not to buy hp from the onset and now I can see the reason. HP SUCKS AND THERE MANAGERS AS NO CLUE OF WHAT THEY ARE DOING OR HOW TO TREAT CUSTOMERS

Collapse -
Simular digusting interface with HP tech support.
by NeverBoring / May 12, 2012 11:53 PM PDT

When I required assistance with a problem and contacted Hp tech support, I was shocked by the extremely uninformed ability of the contact. Then, after many hours attempting to resolve the problem with HP tech support, I found that an escalated contact person was rude and ultimately unhelpful. HP was unresponsive to my needs.

Ultimately, most of the guts of the original HP computer have been replaced with items which have excellent tech support. I shall never purchase an HP computer; however their printers are stable.

Collapse -
Same problems with a new computer
by judewhopper / February 15, 2014 1:36 PM PST

I bought a ProBook 4545s almost a year ago. It didn't work correctly right out of the box. First the screen went dark and a restart was all that would light it back up. The touchpad never worked correctly. Tap, Tap, Tap, over and over, finally it closes 2 windows you don't want it to. Won't scroll one time then you touch it and it flips all the way to the bottom of the page.

Started with online chat which just made me more and more angry. They were making me repair my own NEW computer and nothing they told me ever worked. Then I asked for a supervisor, then his supervisor. I called every number I could find but always ended up in India with someone speaking so fast and not in English that I couldn't tell what they were saying.

3 times they sent a tech to my home to replace parts that even I knew wouldn't help. They didnt change a thing about the performance. The third tech had one part that had not been replaced and both parts that had already been replaced. Didn't fix any of the problems.

Now, almost a year later, after replacing enough parts to build a new computer, plus me working on it, they said they would replace it with a "refurbished" one. I told him I already had a refurbished one, I bought a NEW one and it hasn't worked since I cut the tape on the box. He agreed to send me a new one. UPS came, opened the box and it's a used one with rubber feet missing on the bottom. A Windows 8 sticker on the back but it's loaded with Windows 7 Professional. My original was Windows 7 Home Premium.

My cell phone bill was $350.00 higher than normal when I got it this morning from all the minutes I wasted on the phone with them last month. I can buy a laptop for that much!

Now I have over $800.00 in a used computer and a year of grief under my belt.

The "new" one is all configured wrong. Nothing worked correctly.Refurbished? HA! I've spent the last 3 days installing virus software and removing viruses. The screen went black the first day just like the original one. It has absolutely no software on it like the original did - completely empty.

Yesterday I spent an hour on the phone with someone else in India just to get Internet Explorer 10 to work. They couldn't get it to work and had to downgrade to IE-9. Now I keep getting pop-ups telling me to upgrade to 10. Some web sites won't even work with IE-9 or it's something wrong in the computer. I had to download Firefox just to get some sites to load but about half the places I buy from online won't take my password with either browser.

I can turn it off, fully charged, and when I go back to turn it on the battery is dead. It's a total piece of cr@p.

I spent one day searching the Internet for a U.S. branch to call for help. I actually got an American once but was quickly switched to India. As far as I know there is no one to call that cares. I even had to argue with them to get a warantee on the "new" computer. When I called Tech support about the browser the serial number was no good and not in their system. I had to find one of many case numbers from the past year in my email. Before I turned my original one in the serial number had dissapeared.

I have no idea what will happen to this computer next but I know it won't last long. I'm positive they will do nothing about it.

Do NOT buy Hewlett Packard. Total junk with no support.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.