Forum Announcement

Welcome to the new CNET Forums! Please don't panic. You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

HP

General discussion

HP PSC 2210 (all-in-one) ERROR MESSAGE

by cmcharles2 / March 18, 2005 7:18 PM PST

My HP is just past it's one year warrantee. It has worked great until this week. I installed a new black cartridge and got the msg to 'align cartridge'..
I hit the button and it prints out a test sheet. BUT it keeps repeating 'align cartridge' test. After a dozen 'repeats' I change cartridges. Same results.
Calling customer support (in bangladesh or some other foreign land was exasperating at best). I asked my simple question, was there a reset function, was there a fix etc. First they confirmed that my warrantee had expired, THEN WANTED $30 TO JUST ANSWER MY QUESTION! OR $55. To extend my warrantee for a year!! GEEEEZE, this is customer support?
For the moment I have done neither. That is why I am here seeking advice. It is dumbfounding to me, you buy a $200. piece of equipment and Customer support won't even answer a question without a charge. I can imagine paying the $30. for an answer that is, "yes, you have a problem and you will have to pay to fix it" well duh! There is no help in the instruction book....is there any here? HELP, HELP..CHARLES.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP PSC 2210 (all-in-one) ERROR MESSAGE
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP PSC 2210 (all-in-one) ERROR MESSAGE
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Help document on HP support site
by danrevel / March 31, 2005 2:22 AM PST
Collapse -
FIX FOR CARTRIDGE 'ERROR' MSG ON HP 2210
by cmcharles2 / March 31, 2005 5:07 AM PST

Thanks DanRevel for the response. Will try your suggestion this evening, and hopefully post a 'Big Thank You' message afterwards. If it works, I will award you one of my grandchildren as a thank you gift (the unruly one of course)...........Charles.

Collapse -
hi
by sagarshetty / March 31, 2005 5:14 AM PST

hi
though hp charges for voice support u can chat with a agent live at www.tinyurl.com/ub9e .....

Collapse -
HP Technician
by udayj / April 14, 2005 11:26 PM PDT

Try the following button sequence on the front panel of the printer :

Press and hold the Setup, button, and then press Options (or Copy Options).

Collapse -
ERROR msg, after installing NEW cart.
by cmcharles2 / April 16, 2005 7:59 AM PDT
In reply to: HP Technician

EUREKA!!! Udayj, YOU DID IT !!!!!!!!
It worked! After much 'clearing of the throat' and msg 'burping' it became NORMAL!

Now YOU are awarded one of my Grandchildren (the unruly one of course) Send me your address and he will be shipped prepaid Fedex!

I am indeed grateful and your name will be highlighted in the 'survey' HP just sent me.
Two questions if I may:
1. Why isn't that simple proceedure noted in the Owner's Manual?
2. Why when I called and spoke 'live' to a support person (Ha, that was a lost cause!) He told me since my warantee had expired, I had to pay a $30. onetime fee for him to answer my question..OR $55. to RENUE my warantee for another year.
I did neither, and came to this 'Forum' where fortunately YOU looked in and had pity on a poor HP CUSTOMER...?
Probably a delicate question to ask you, about HP's apparent policy, AND IT IS DREADFUL!

Udayj, any comment would be appreciated.
#1 should be addressed in future Owner's manuals
#2 COULD be embarassing...............hmm?

In any case, thank you for your able assistance.
You saved me more agrivation AND probably lots of money..............again, Thank You...Charles.
AND also, thanks to the two others in the Forum whom offered assistance..........OXOXOX's

Collapse -
HP2210 - Press Enter to Align Cartridges
by rjm2374 / May 24, 2009 8:18 AM PDT
In reply to: HP Technician

The two button process worked. I am so happy that it works after I just purchased new HP cartridges for the unit. It is old, but serves it purpose for Copying and faxes.

Collapse -
FIX number 2 for HP PSC 2210 (all-in-one) ERROR MESSAGE.
by ja-kid / June 7, 2008 3:59 PM PDT

Press and hold the power button down, while simultaneously plugging in the power cord. Don't release the button until the printer completes its initialization and diagnostics.

mr.jakid@gmail.com

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.