Windows Vista forum

Question

HP Pavillion zv5000 XP TO 7

by Goon2113 / June 9, 2011 6:22 AM PDT

Ok I am repairing my grandmothers Laptop. Currently it has windows xp, I can not find any Vista drivers. And HP is not coming up with vista drivers. Does anyone know if there is any other hp drivers I can use to put windows 7 on the laptop. (Vista drivers are compatible with Windows 7) The Laptop is an HP Pavillion ZV5000. Some one help me my trusty Google isnt working!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP Pavillion zv5000 XP TO 7
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP Pavillion zv5000 XP TO 7
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 9, 2011 8:52 AM PDT
Collapse -
In response to your clarification request.
by Goon2113 / June 10, 2011 12:22 AM PDT

The model is a HP pavillion ZV5000. I have already been to HP's website to try and download the drivers. Not seeing any of them for windows vista. Would you happen to know which of the above models support windows vista and is also compatible with the ZV5000 drivers?

Collapse -
none it seems.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 10, 2011 2:01 AM PDT

I was hoping for a link to your laptop with the details. As I don't see that, I'll have to wait.

In the meantime you can try search engines to see if anyone found a set of drivers. I've done driver hunts for folk but only when they pitch in.
Bob

Collapse -
Still can't hunt for drivers.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 11, 2011 1:44 AM PDT
In reply to: In reference

That's for the CTO and since it's customized you have to supply every little detail since I can't guess what cards and chips you opted for or what was used.

These forums are all volunteer so to use them you get to do some work. A few new members thought it was tech support which it is not.

-> Here's what I do for driver hunts.

1. The chipset.

For this I use a tool like EVEREST to report what's in the machine if I don't know or can't find a document.
Once I know the chipset I can head to Intel or AMD and get the driver package for the main chipset.

2. The video.

Armed with the video chipset I repeat that at Intel, AMD or Nvidia.

3. The sound. This one can fail. Sometimes we never get the sound and use some USB sound card.

4. WIFI . Another hit or miss.

5. Card readers. This one usually just works.

Hope this helps you hunt for drivers but I can't given the details so far.
Bob

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
here is your solution
by sbohdan / June 30, 2012 7:09 PM PDT

I have the same laptop and had the same problem. there are simply no drivers for Vista or Win7 for this laptop. So this is what I did:

1. I have downloaded the sound and the graphics driver for the windows XP pro
2. After you unpack the drivers pack, just go into the folder, find the setup.exe and right click it. choose properties and go to the compatibility tab, tick the compatibility to be compatible with XP SP3 and apply.
3. Run the setup as usual and... Voila - The drivers do install and they work!

Thats it.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.