Laptops forum

General discussion

HP Pavillion dv2000t

by sironga / October 24, 2006 5:45 AM PDT

Hi
anyone heard of the HP Pavillion dv2000t series?
I would like to get the low down regarding where i can get it online(for shopping immediately).
i checked the HP website but the quoted price was not the same as the one they were showing and even the specs had changed yet the info on cnet was that the laptop was available in store.
the spex are below:

Full specifications
for HP Pavilion dv2000t
Manufacturer: HP
Part number: EQ883AV
T2600
Clock speed
2.16 GHz
667 MHz
RAM installed size
2 GB
Max supported RAM
2 GB
RAM technology
DDR II SDRAM
RAM configuration features
2 x 1 GB
indows XP Home Edition
Video Output
Graphics processor / vendor
Intel GMA 950
Video memory technology
Dynamic Video Memory Technology 3.0
Storage Hard Drive
Hard drive
120 GB Serial ATA
System
Windows Vista certification
Windows Vista Capable
Battery
Battery technology
Lithium ion
Platform technology
Intel Centrino Duo
Weight
5.3 lbs

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP Pavillion dv2000t
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP Pavillion dv2000t
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Nice model
by Ghost26-20878886633866019035262628200812 / October 24, 2006 7:24 AM PDT
In reply to: HP Pavillion dv2000t

HP makes nice models.

What is your utilization ?

If you play games, you should go with another laptop becauase the Intel GMA 950 is not the best graphics solution for a gaming utilization.

If its for office purposes, no problem. It will be a nice laptop.

If you want the last model, then, look at the HP dv3000t.

Collapse -
utilisation
by sironga / October 24, 2006 3:17 PM PDT
In reply to: Nice model

well am going to use it for mainly research purposes but i tend to use software that analyses big DATA sets.
It even has a graphics interface so the main theme would be a big RAM and a fast CPU processor.
thanks for the reply...
will chk out the dv3000t.
were you able to locate it on the HP webpage with the same or even better spex esp the processor coz i dont want AMD...prefer core Intel even if it is duo
Sironga

Collapse -
HPs website...
by ar69 / October 25, 2006 5:02 AM PDT
In reply to: utilisation

You can find it in hp's home and home office section. I would recommend buying the minimum amount of ram then buying 2gb of ram off of newegg.com and installing it yourself. This will save you money, unless they are offering a free upgrade.

Collapse -
Also...
by ar69 / October 25, 2006 5:04 AM PDT
In reply to: HPs website...

There is no such thing as a 3000t. The only models currently available from the dv line are the 2000, 6000, and 9000. I own a 5000.

Collapse -
HP Pavillion dv2000t
by georgesoriano2000 / October 25, 2006 10:33 AM PDT

From experience I had two (2) laptops from HP & HP/Compaq. My first one was the Compaq Presario 2175AF and this failed so many times that I had to sell it for scrap.In just less than a year of use and HP said that they don't have available parts anymore. So my friend gave me for my birthday an HP Pavillion dv2000t. At first it seemed OK. Then after 3 months of use the unit's hard drive crashed and I lost all my data. HP replaced the drive but when I got it again the system always hangs. They told me that it is they drive they replaced which is not compatible. After getting it I sold it and got DELL. I didn't know what happened to the unit because the guy I sold it to migrated to Australia.

Collapse -
So where to from here....folks?
by sironga / October 25, 2006 6:18 PM PDT

Well at the moment i must thank all the guys who have kept up with the forum discussion to this point.
I cannot at the moment hang around without making a quick choice coz unfortunately i need a notebook real soon...
I dont think i will be buying this HP dv2000t now so i need more advice.
You have the spex i have in mind,just avail me what you think is the next best thing keeping in mind sony,toshiba and maybe Acer travelmate or any other which is good and can do what i need to do.
Waiting
sironga

Collapse -
what is your budget?
by morrefule / October 30, 2006 7:11 AM PST

i am also considering the dv2000t, but ever since it came out the dell latitude d620 has been my number one choice. It has strong specs, very similar to the dv2000t in size and weight(actually weighs a little less). It is around the same price once you factor in the 3 warranty that comes standard with the dell (hps seems cheaper because you start out with a crappy 1 yr warranty). It looks pretty nice (i dont know if it's quite as beautiful as the dv2000t though) and is very durable and secure. You will find it at dell.com under small business laptops/notebooks - latitude- d620 i think. I will revise my suggestion if your budget is higher than these two suggest (1200+)

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.