Phones forum

General discussion

HP Jornada 547

by biganchor007 / February 23, 2009 5:33 AM PST

My HP Jornada came with Microsoft Windows for Pocket PC. How do I update it to Microsoft Mobile PC 2003? And where do I find the download? Thank you.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP Jornada 547
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP Jornada 547
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You do not...
by John.Wilkinson / February 23, 2009 5:56 AM PST
In reply to: HP Jornada 547

WindowsMobile must be modified by the manufacturer, in this case HP, for the specific device and released by them. WM2003 was never updated/released for the 500 series, so there is no upgrade to download.

John

Collapse -
Sync Jornada 547 to Windows XP Outlook 2003 Active Sync 4.5
by biganchor007 / March 3, 2009 9:53 AM PST
In reply to: You do not...

In the users guide for my Jornada 547, it tells me to open sync on desktop, then click tools, then options, then select inbox information. There is no inbox information to select. What gives? Am I using an updated version (4.5)of Activesync not compatible with my older Jornada?
Thanks.

Collapse -
Step forward slowly.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 3, 2009 9:57 AM PST

Start with the ActiveSync that came with the Jornada.

However in 4.5 be sure to explore all the connections. I decline to tell you how to operate ActiveSync. This is an acquired skill and documented all over so I stop there.

But ActiveSync required no pushing of the buttons here. I turn on my WM device and plug in the USB connection and sync automagically happens.

Bluetooth is a royal PITA to get setup so I never reveal I know anything about that. But do dive into AS 4.5 and look at all the options.
Bob

Collapse -
Tried to reinstall activesync 3.1
by biganchor007 / March 3, 2009 11:44 AM PST
In reply to: Step forward slowly.

I un-installed 4.5, then I tried re-installing 3.1 from my cd, but it won't install with my windows XP. Evidently I should install activesync 3.6, but I can't find a copy (on a reliable site). Now what? The jornada connects via usb. With 4.5, at least I could have contacts, and calendar. But it would not synch inbox or outbox (which is only what I wanted)I want to be able to type up email in the field, then download to desktop and send.

Collapse -
Then no choice but an unreliable site.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 3, 2009 11:49 AM PST

As to the syncing. That was to Outlook only. They never offered anything else. I read your posts again and don't see what Outlook you tried.

Maybe I overlooked it.

Any hope of syncing with IRDA?
Bob

Collapse -
Outlook 2003
by biganchor007 / March 3, 2009 12:00 PM PST

I would just update, but I don't have full time work right now. But I could use the Jornada for my part time job setting appointments. I just can't figure out why it won't sync the inbox/outbox. Maybe I will try to reload 4.5 again. maybe it never loaded properly. It frustrating that Microsoft won't allow you to load old versions! Thanks.

Collapse -
jornada 547 win 7 and vista
by bimbo1999 / March 3, 2011 5:37 PM PST

we all find out sooner or later that the jornada 500 series are not compatable with win 7 or vista well there is a solution windows has created an emulator that will run win xp on your vista or windows 7 from there u can download and use active sync 3. what ever and you can add what ever u want to your device

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,224 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,453 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,090 discussions
icon
Security 30,722 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,937 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,295 discussions
icon
Phones 16,252 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,684 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,215 discussions

CNET EDITORS' CHOICE

Roku Streaming Stick 2016

Roku has the most apps, the simplest interface and the best search, making it CNET's favorite way to stream Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, HBO and all the rest.