Laptops forum

HP Envy Spectre... 15 inch?!

by xUniqo / March 27, 2012 1:52 PM PDT

I am in love with the HP Envy Spectre 14. However, I do need at least a 15 inch laptop! Do you guys out there think HP will come out with a 15 inch version of the Spectre by the end of this year? Or is it not happening and I should just buy a HP Envy 15 instead? Please tell me your predictions, I would love some advice!(: Thanks in advance.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP Envy Spectre... 15 inch?!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP Envy Spectre... 15 inch?!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Just one.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 28, 2012 2:52 AM PDT

Sadly I can't write nice about HP because they destroyed my laptop in their service system. I'm out one laptop and even though a nice HP social rep did try they can't help because I disposed of the broken laptop 6 months after trying to get HP to fix it.

It's a long story but at the beginning it was a simple (?) bug in the BIOS which lead to an awful discovery that HP can not fix issues in the products. They buy the BIOS and did not have a way to correct a flaw if you find one.

Well, maybe they did. By destroying the product as it goes to their service department.

Avoid is my advice. Keep shopping.

Collapse -
by buraanthi / May 31, 2013 12:47 PM PDT

i have bought his laptop on august of last year (2012)with product release, as i have been using hp laptops for the past 8 years. most of them are envy series.

i bought his HP spectre envy XT and man this was a wonderful machine an i7 with SSD and it works at lightning speed. everythig was so cool about this machine it was sleek and i can carry it aorund.

after a months use i started to notice a glich on the lid. while i type my laptops lid just gliches. like its shivering. i was annoyed by this. but it went of off notice after sometimes.

as i went into the second month the glitch was well noticebale anid it was very annoying. the screen moved front and back like its nodding to what i type, even now its doing the same thing.

as i went to the third month i heard a cracking noise from the laptop and i kept checking all around and i see the back cover of LCD LID was popped opened. i did a chat with the hp online chat. and took it the service center. what they did was just removed the whole back cover and glued it nicely. 8 days after i got it from the service center it popped opened again from the down low corners.

when i took back to service they returned the machine after three weeks with the whole lid cover changed. i was so happy with HP though it took that much time cause they did it under warranty. two months after the service the same thing happened. and i am reccomended to take this machine to service and all my work data is in this as i am travelling up and down here and there. cause i am a satcom dealer. so imagine the pain i have gone through.

it is not even a year. and three times to the service centre to fix the same problem. i also fixed an over heating issue and they replaced the mother board too. also a fan issue. now the battery last for 1 hour on performance mode and 3 hours on power saver mode. so basically i can't be away from a plug. back cover pops open every other month. this was a flagship machine they advertised and the price is $1399. i had 8 laptops of HP and had none of the issues. but this is the most expensive HP machine i bought and its giving me hell of time. its not one year but i have moved it up and down to the service centre 6 times already and two of the time to fix the back cover Shocked

can anyone tell and advise me how HP will understand that this laptop is bad and that there is a deisgn problem. the hinge is way strong for the lid as a result it pop opens. if any body wants any images kindly contact me on i can provide.

this time i had the live chat support and they tell me to go get it replaced. so that means when the warranty is over either i extend it or pay from my own pocket to basically service an issue that the reason was HP themself. but if i sue them on a court i will be the worst person. but HP has failed to test thier product prior to release and is the reason why that this is happening.

kindly advise me on how to get a real fix to the problem. so that i do not have to go and replace the back cover evey two months. nope i dont want a refund! cause this is a good laptop and i need this fixed not money back or any money from a lawsuit. i want a permanent fix to the problem HP.

your's faithfully

Hussain Aiman

the guy you lied on presales chat.

Collapse -
HP fixed mine for good.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 1, 2013 1:04 AM PDT

As they broke it in their service and walked that cured it for good. That was my last HP product.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.