Peripherals forum

General discussion

HP 1100A scanner problem

by Robert Polk / January 17, 2005 10:16 PM PST

When I first installed the printer a few weeks ago it was working fine but now I get the error message "Scanner is disconnected". The Test print shows it as being installed. I guess the connector is not making contact, but the mechanism appears to be OK.
(OK, I'll fess up, I dropped it on the carpet when it was off the printer).
Bob

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP 1100A scanner problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP 1100A scanner problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
HP1100A scanner problem
by Robert Polk / January 22, 2005 7:52 PM PST

Trying to "Bump" this up. Can anyone help me?
Bob

Collapse -
Maybe not.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 22, 2005 10:00 PM PST

Your details are too light for me to comment except to try it on another machine.

Bob

Collapse -
I have an 1100
by Steven Haninger / January 23, 2005 9:18 AM PST

but its not an "A" version with scanner. These are a bit old and HP replaced it years ago. Since you just recently installed it, I would ask how you acquired it and can the source help you. Otherwise, if it was mine and no warranty available, I'd have it apart in a heartbeat. I'd be looking for a cable which might be jarred loose on the inside. There is a broken communication link somewhere. Hopefully no broken mechanicals. Good luck.

Collapse -
hp 1100A printer with scanner/copier not working on XP
by stanleye / February 19, 2005 12:40 PM PST
In reply to: I have an 1100

Windows XP has no driver for the scanner part of this machine as far as I can tell, nor has HP. There are however good print drivers.

Anyone know where I might get a driver that works for the scanner?

Collapse -
HP 1100a on XP, Prints Ok, Scanner doesn't work
by sbourrier / March 16, 2005 11:31 PM PST

I am also dealing currently with the identical issue. HP 1100a, Windows XP, printing works fine and scanning does not. I also get the same "Scanner is Disconnected" type message. If I find anything out I will post it.

Collapse -
HP1100A scanner
by Robert Polk / March 17, 2005 11:05 PM PST

Perhaps XP is the problem. Haven't found anything on the HP site. It did work before I upgraded to XP. On the test print it says the scanner is installed.
Bob

Collapse -
i have same problem but have some info
by uncharris / April 1, 2005 6:47 PM PST
In reply to: HP1100A scanner
Collapse -
1000/A Scanner
by Robert Polk / April 1, 2005 8:53 PM PST

I have this updated driver but the scanner still doesn't work. oh well.....
Bob

Collapse -
hp 1100a
by basuradevil / October 23, 2005 4:11 PM PDT

Hello

Do you have have the software CD for the HP 1100a printer/scanner?
I have lost mine.
If you do, would you mail me a copy?

Thanks and best regards.

Greg

COOK REALTY
ATTN: GREGORY C. LOFTHUS
4305 FREEPORT BLVD
SACRAMENTO CA 95822-2045

Collapse -
HP1100A Scanner problem
by ivar.mosch / July 10, 2005 8:03 PM PDT

Hi

I had the same problem? (using XP Pro).
After a lot of trying all the HP patches and installing an un-installing I finally got the 1100A Scanner working again under XP.
Download from HP scanner patch lj188en.exe
I can?t remember the exact sequence I installed this patch because I installed and un-installed all the software and other patches so many times?but after installing the lj188en.exe patch all the scanner utilities work like I was used to.
Hope this helps,

Regards Ivar

Collapse -
Scanner problem
by tonybreeze / June 25, 2005 7:47 AM PDT

I recently had a scanner problem - tried all kinds of things and the answer turned out to be by going offline and switching off the anti-virus which was blocking the software. I have to do this when I scan but its OK

Collapse -
Laserjet 1100A scanner software
by gbass / August 1, 2005 1:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Scanner problem

I just unloaded from HP site Patch lj188en.exe, and finally my scanner has come back to life.XP Prof
Joe

Collapse -
LaserJet 1100A Scanner Software
by Platinim13 / August 27, 2005 7:25 AM PDT

Did you do anything specific with that patch? I downloaded and installed it and it didn't seem to help at all. Thanks!

Collapse -
1100A Software
by dunlap / October 26, 2005 10:33 PM PDT

Is there anywhere I can download the software for the 1100A as the hospital I work for does not have it. Thank You

Collapse -
HP 1100a
by basuradevil / October 29, 2005 6:50 PM PDT

Hello

Do you have have the software CD for the HP 1100a printer/scanner?
I have lost mine.
If you do, would you mail me a copy?

Thanks and best regards.

Greg

COOK REALTY
ATTN: GREGORY C. LOFTHUS
4305 FREEPORT BLVD
SACRAMENTO CA 95822-2045

Collapse -
scanner hp laserjet 1100A
by Jonnyg619 / June 20, 2010 6:25 AM PDT

if i have windows 7 what file i have to install???

Collapse -
Never installed a "file"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 20, 2010 7:23 AM PDT

When I look for DRIVERS I go to the makers site for that. But the 1100a might be USB and I would plug it in and see if Windows 7 adds the drivers for me.
Bob

Collapse -
PC administrator Pass Word and Username
by gbass / July 28, 2005 8:32 PM PDT

Somehow I delated my PC PW and username entry. I can only access the PC with a guest PW,but I cannot do anything to try to restore previous conditions
Can anybody suggest something?
Thanks
Joe

Collapse -
Try..
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 28, 2005 10:27 PM PDT

While "I lost my administrator password" is a common discussion in the XP Forum, it hasn't been asked this week so feel free to either search for a recent post or just ask again.

My answer has to be the safest since I can't offer anything dangerous. http://www.lostpassword.com can fix your issue with the password.

Next time, have more than 1 administrator capable account. In fact, did you try to change the password in the control panel, admin tools, useradmin?

Bob

Collapse -
Lost XP administrator PW
by gbass / August 13, 2005 2:36 AM PDT
In reply to: Try..

Hi,

thanks for your help,unfortunately I am still battling with my problem.
I managed to get a set of six floppy for the windows set up but when I thought I was at solution, at the end of the last disk, my PC displayed a blue screen with this message
Stop c0000221 Unknown Hard Error\systemRoot\system32\ntdll.dll
Thank anyway,your suggestion would have worked ok,but it seems my xp software is corrupted.

Joe

Collapse -
HP 1100a scanner Problem
by Desd / October 6, 2005 8:29 PM PDT

I tried all the above but it still didn't work, I assume that the whole thing was getting totally confused because of all the attempts, but it turns out that you have to follow the steps in order, so I deleted everything and found the answer at the link below. Much respect to the original author......

check out http://www.flatpackedworld.co.uk/go/000051

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.