Samsung

Question

How to use wifi with LED TV

by new_question / January 2, 2013 9:33 PM PST

Just bought a EH5000 and connected it to the wifi using the recommended proprietary dongle. All good so far, the screens were logical.

Next step then, using it. How does this happen. There is some very small print suggesting that I allocate a channel for the internet, but absolutely no clues given on how this occurs, and it isn't obvious from the setup screens.

How do I actually use wifi (e.g. for iPlayer) now that I have successfully installed it please? (Step by step)

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to use wifi with LED TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to use wifi with LED TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
What thappens if you run iPlayer?
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 2, 2013 9:46 PM PST

It should find the WiFi and start using it.

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
About the channel.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 2, 2013 9:49 PM PST

The channel for the WiFi is set on the router (choose from 1 to 13). The device (be it your laptop, your iPad, your smartphone or your TV) finds out itself what to use. That's why it isn't a setting on the TV, and that's why it isn't covered in the TV's manual. But it should explained be in your routers manual.

Kees

Collapse -
OK
by new_question / January 2, 2013 10:02 PM PST
In reply to: About the channel.

So to be really basic, assuming the wifi is set up correctly as has been indicated, where would I find it on the TV? Would it appear in 'sources' or would it simple be another channel in the list or guide?

Thanks

Ss

Collapse -
Re: WiFi
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 2, 2013 10:10 PM PST
In reply to: OK

Where do you find the WiFi on your laptop? You don't find it. You use an app (say, your browser or your email program or Windows update) and that app finds the Internet via the WiFi.

Where do you find the WiFi on your TV? You don't find it. You use an app (say, a browser or iPlayer or the firmware update) and that app finds the Internet via the WiFi.

So you don't find it. It's just there and it's used when needed by the things you use.

Kees

Collapse -
Nearly
by new_question / January 2, 2013 10:42 PM PST
In reply to: Re: WiFi

OK I think I'm nearly there. So I turn the TV on and then what? For any other channel I go to the guide or channel list and then I select the channel I want and watch it.

So for watching content over wifi, what do I select? iplayer etc do not come up as options in the guide or channel list, so how can I ever watch them?

Collapse -
So your question now is ...
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 2, 2013 10:53 PM PST
In reply to: Nearly

1. how to find what apps already are installed on my EH5000
2. how to download and install apps that are not yet installed
3. how to run an app
4. how to use iPlayer

The first 3 questions should be anwered in the user manual. Since I'm only a guest here and not connected to Samsung, I can't help you with that. Sorry. But I'm sure somebody else can.

It are more or less the same questions as you face when you buy a smart phone or a tablet or a Windows 8 PC. Just have a look at the start screen of an iPad and think about the 500.000 other apps to choose from: http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/public/i9FRod-nqZPrfsG7BSKCKTz-BCOutM4D15o-LFDtzdBr97orCzbMKo1THiiX2pw_hIXhFIAk1XMrwoHbGrByw67etlNUzK4ONSQOJCOM6MIazp7zqSmVsIzGbCF2Uig0mvSMiheFxsJZ7rABfgGR . Only question 3 is intuitive: just press the icon on the screen. But it's different on your TV.

Kees

Collapse -
RE:
by Raynbow6 / February 23, 2013 12:21 AM PST

You can not connect to internet on a EH5000.
It has no Smart capabilities.
Yes, the manual explain how to, but the manual is universal, can be used for other types, among the Smart ones.
The EH5000 does not support Internet.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.