Windows 8

Resolved Question

How to upgrade the windows7 to windows 8?

by joelmasan / November 27, 2012 3:30 PM PST

Hello This is joelmasan. Presently My system OS is windows7. I want windows latest version 8 on my pc.
I dont know how to upgrade windows7 to windows8. so, any one over here please suggest me the process of upgradation. thank u in advance.

Thank you,
Regards,
Joelmasan,
Rxonlineshopee.

joelmasan has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer »
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How to upgrade the windows7 to windows 8?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How to upgrade the windows7 to windows 8?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer as chosen by joelmasan

Collapse -
Re: upgrade to Windows 8
by Kees_B Forum moderator / November 27, 2012 4:21 PM PST

Well, you run the Windows Upgrade Assistant from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/upgrade-to-windows-8 (or the one from your local Microsoft if you don't want the USA version) and it all goes automatically (after you paid for the download).

You can't go back to Windows 7 unless you made an image of your disk (at least the partition that has Windows on it, and the BCD also).

Kees

Collapse -
Hi friend...
by joelmasan / December 4, 2012 10:47 AM PST

Thank you...................... Blush

Collapse -
upgrade
by haywire17 / December 8, 2012 1:28 PM PST
In reply to: Hi friend...
Cool Before upgrading to windows 8 Uninstall any or all antivirus programs, I turned them off and had a problem after upgrading to 8, my tiles did not work right but the bigger issue was win8 would fail any updates to install. I had
kaspersky installed and removed it, problem fixed. you can then install/reinstall antivirus

joe
Collapse -
Answer
If you have a screen nmame the ends in....
by DChrisL / December 9, 2012 10:22 PM PST
@hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com - I've had unfortunate loss of 16 screen names and passwords in 11 months. I owe Robert Proffitt an apology. I had 3 different email addresses in three days and they all died. I made an image on a DVD but it is useless without an account with that. WIN8 Pro worked for 5 days total and I will be visiting my bank for the $39.99 that was on my debit card. PS-The three site have been doing this for more than a year - I hold Microsoft for this problem, they have a MAJOR flaw. Darrell
Collapse -
I've had no problem
by richardgc_1 / December 10, 2012 12:51 AM PST

I have used all three for longer than that and am still using the same email address as when started. You Microsoft bashers will use anything to advance your point of view. You need something to better occupy your time.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.